Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Australia - Manufacturing and Operations
Anduril is a defence technology company, bringing the best technology talent
and funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve
their toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed
decisions in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of
experts in electromechanical hardware, artificial intelligence, computer
vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data analysis that are creating software
and hardware solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of our defence
force customers. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real
impact, come join Anduril and build the future of defence.
Anduril is looking for a Manufacturing Manager to join our team in Australia.
The Manufacturing Team is responsible for rapidly iterating and building
cutting-edge defense hardware, including static equipment, moving ground
equipment, sensors, undersea, and flight vehicles. Specifically in Australia,
the team is responsible for building autonomous undersea vehicles (AUVs).
This responsibility includes everything in the manufacturing value-chain,
including, but not limited to, Design for Manufacturability work, factory
planning/architecture, tool design & selection, process creation &
optimization, vendor sourcing & interaction, quality planning, and work
documentation associated with the hardware that the Manufacturing Engineer
owns. Furthermore, this role will both build out and operate the team
responsible for fabricating, assembling, and testing AUVs.
The right person for this role can demonstrate past holistic ownership on
solving a technical challenge with a creative, physical, solution that they
either personally manufacturing or oversaw manufacturing on, in a fast-paced,
resource-limited environment. Additionally, the candidate will have led teams
fabricating, assembling, and testing complex systems at scale. If you are
someone who thrives in such an environment, then this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own the entire manufacturing value chain of the AUV product line, Manufactured in Australia
- Build out a flexible team of engineers and technicians to architect how AUVs are built, as well as building the AUVs themselves to scale from 1 to many builds
- Develop process flows breaking down large, complex assemblies into a logical part flow of subassemblies and sub-processes to architect a factory
- Build out facilities, headcount, and capital expenditures models to drive business decisions surrounding manufacturing planning
- Write documentation required for successfully manufacturing their hardware at scale, such as work instructions, quality plans, inspection requirements, etc.
- Build out engineering release workflows that contribute to manufacturing success, including gate reviews and standup of appropriate tools such as PLM, ERP, and MES alongside supporting processes utilizing those tools
- Work with contract manufacturers across various disciplines (PCBA fab, metallic manufacturing, assembly, NDT, etc.) to develop repeatable, sustained processes for quick-turn development as well as at-scale production. Includes travel to suppliers to do initial sourcing work, solve ongoing production issues, and implement quality procedures
- Contribute to end-customer hardware mechanical or electrical design, including interconnects, board fabrication and inspection, etc.
- Degree in a technical field such as engineering, math, or a hard science
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing (or design) of electromechanical hardware, inclusive of operating the manufacturing floor in some capacity
- Demonstrated ability to creatively deliver electromechanical hardware in a resource-constrained environment
- Demonstrated direct team leadership skills inclusive of hiring, with backing examples
- Personal experience physically manufacturing hardware via any means (machining, fabrication, soldering, assembly, etc.) Work on personal projects is a plus.
- A genuine interest in manufacturing and thirst for learning
- Be eligible to hold and maintain an Australia Government NV2 security clearance.
- PCBA fabrication experience including prior work with or setup/modification/monitoring SMT processes
- Demonstrated financial analysis acumen
- Hands-on experience with R/C and/or autonomous vehicles, actuator controllers, or other related control systems
- Software scripting experience in any language
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you.