Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Mission Operations
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis to create software and hardware solutions that radically evolve the
capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate about
solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the future
Anduril's Mission Operations team is seeking a Mission Operations Engineer
-USG to join our team. The Mission Operations team is responsible for managing
the execution, growth, and success of our customer accounts. Working across
product, engineering, sales, and logistics teams, our Mission Operations
Engineers own the customer relationships and develop, plan, and deploy Anduril
products in support of their missions. They work side-by-side with customers
to understand their specific problem sets and then shape Anduril’s offerings
alongside our engineering teams to fit the mission needs. Because the problems
we solve are uniquely challenging, our Mission Operations Engineers naturally
gravitate toward finding solutions and are adept at navigating organizational
hurdles. They are ultimately responsible for customer and mission success and
therefore play a critical role in the shaping and future of Anduril
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Orchestrate the deployment of Anduril products. Lead the planning and deployment of Anduril’s flagship hardware and software products in support of customer missions. Through collaboration with our engineering, logistics, and technical operations teams, Mission Operators are in charge of deploying our products to the field, training end users, and ensuring the high performance of our products. We are obsessed about engagement and keeping our finger on the pulse of how customers interact with our products. This helps us improve the user experience and evolve their operational tactics and techniques. And if something isn’t quite right, we work with product teams to quickly address the issue on behalf of our customer.
- Grow your business through customer success. In addition to the operational and executive relationships you own, you will be responsible for meeting commercial targets that drive top line growth. This requires establishing committed and trust-based partnerships with our customers to not only help them solve their immediate problems, but also to foresee future opportunities where Anduril’s technology can make them more effective. Understanding Anduril’s value proposition and articulating how we can have an impact on a customer’s problem set, from the executive level to the end user, is critical to positioning Anduril for the future.
- Shape our products to meet mission needs. Work side-by-side with our customers to understand their specific mission challenges and represent the customer as you work with Anduril engineers to shape products that solve critical national and international security challenges. Anduril engineers rely on Mission Operators to understand the lay of the land and bring a perspective that informs the product development process.
- Collaborate across nearly every Anduril team. Successfully deploying our complex hardware and software products requires collaborating with nearly every internal Anduril team - engineering, product, logistics, finance, legal, contracting, technical operations, and many more. You’ll be responsible for ensuring each party is engaged and informed, and will therefore become well-versed in what it takes to really bring the best of Anduril to our customers.
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- **Mission First Mindset. **We put the needs of the mission and our customers first and understand that the US and its allies have no preordained right to victory in any future conflict. We actively seek out opportunities to better understand our customers’ mission needs, with a goal to build the best possible products for the warfighter and radically evolve our national and international defense capabilities. We push ourselves and the limits of our capabilities in the pursuit of this goal.
- Ownership Mentality. We’re looking for owners; those who have a natural bias to assume responsibility, a healthy dose of skepticism, and contribute to a culture of performance. We empower our Mission Operators to quickly assume high levels of responsibility and entrust them to actively own their account and shape its success. Our Mission Operators are just as comfortable helping to shape a proposal or pitch a new customer as they are working with engineers on new features or deploying products in the field.
- Technical Aptitude and Intellectual Curiosity. We are first and foremost a technology company, working at the leading edge of capabilities like machine learning, autonomy, distributed networking, and multi-modal sensor fusion. Do you have a natural desire to see beyond simple cause and effect relationships to really understand how complex systems operate? Do you actively seek out opportunities to educate yourself? These capabilities form the foundation of our product offerings, so we are looking for those who are comfortable communicating technical concepts and can articulate them in the context of the customer’s mission.
- **Structured Thinker and Problem Solver. **Leading technical programs requires clear communication and well thought-out plans. We are looking for assertive communicators who bring a thoughtful perspective and honest dialogue. A solution-driven approach, the ability to distill complexity into its essential, digestible components, and the ability to supervise execution are critical to ensure mission success.
- **High Value Team Member. **Do you enjoy working as part of a team? At Anduril, the path to success weaves through the organization - account teams, engineering, logistics, technical operations, and more. It requires humility, an eagerness to learn, and empathy toward your fellow team member. We assume best intentions and empathize with customers just as we do with our colleagues. Can you develop rapport at both the user and executive levels? Do you enjoy sharing successes? We are a low ego group that promotes teamwork and collaboration to bring about success.
- **360 Degree Leader. **We are a flat, non-hierarchical organization with a matrix structure that is dynamic and evolving. We expect you to be self-aware enough to recognize your position of unstated leadership within the company. You should have a demonstrated ability to lead and influence people through both formal and informal constructs and in situations where there is lack of clarity across teams. Finally, we need people who identify gaps and breakdowns and solve them immediately, rather than point them out and step back. You should also seek 360 feedback to help inform your growth trajectory as a leader.
- Diversity & Inclusion. Our mission is reshaping our world. And at the heart of our mission is our people. Their diversity is our strength. They reflect the world in which we do business and the communities in which we live. We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from people of all walks of life, and encourage you to confidently share your unique experiences with us.
- Experience with programming, scripting, or networking a plus
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance.
- Travel up to 75%
- PMP or similar certifications a plus
- Prior military or contracting experience can be helpful
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!