Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Supply Chain
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, hardware
design & build, and data analysis that are creating software and hardware
solutions to radically evolve the capabilities of the United States and our
allies. If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact,
come join Anduril and build the future of defense.
Anduril’s Supply Chain team is seeking an Operations Planner to join our team.
The Supply Chain team is responsible for planning and sourcing of materials to
support rapidly iterating and building of cutting-edge defense hardware,
including static equipment, mobile ground equipment, and flight vehicles. The
Operations Planner will have material flow responsibility spanning the entire
value chain from raw materials through finished goods shipped to customers.
They will have full ownership of certain assemblies and product lines, and
will be ultimately responsible for sending the correct signals to Purchasing
and Manufacturing on what and when to buy or build. The Operations Planner
will be instrumental in signaling and forecasting accurate demand, planning
inventory levels, and ensuring that Anduril supports its hardware requirements
via Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software and other associated tools.
The right person for this role can demonstrate past holistic ownership on
solving operational challenges with creative solutions in a fast-paced,
resource-limited environment. This person will be flexible to provide support
wherever needed to ensure products are built and shipped under stringent
quality standards. If you are someone who thrives in such an environment, then
this role is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Own the accurate planning and on-time delivery of both raw material to internal assembly lines as well as finished goods to customers
- Support day-to-day demand signaling, ordering, and inventory management for product lines
- Identify supply issues, flag with the appropriate owners across Engineering, Purchasing, Manufacturing, and drive resolution
- Own the reporting and analysis of supply and material health and ensure that stakeholders have the inputs they need to make decisions across Engineering (cut-in dates for new designs), Purchasing (signals on what to buy), Manufacturing (signals on being clear-to-build and what to build), Business Development (supply overview to drive customer contracts).
- Work closely with the Purchasing and Manufacturing Engineering team to source components, maintain vendor relationships, and develop make vs. buy strategies
- Facilitate discussions with Business Development and Growth teams to review unconstrained forecasts and get to constrained demand plans that are achievable
- Develop and maintain processes for working within MRP and the associated master data
- 2+ years past experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment in either a supply chain or production-type role where complex mechanical and/or electrical assemblies were built
- Demonstrated ability to completely own a value chain from start to finish, coordinating among multiple different internal and external parties to achieve on-time deliveries under stringent quality standards
- Prior knowledge of Netsuite or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Ability to demonstrate a willingness to take on substantial responsibility across supply chain, logistics, engineering, and supply planning functions with a bias towards speed and accuracy.
- Strong technical ability to read technical documentation such as drawings and CAD data, understanding of a variety of hardware manufacturing processes for both electronics (PCBAs, sensor hardware, etc.) and structures/mechanisms
- Ability to travel up to 25%
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance.
- Experience interacting with SQL databases - storage of information and building custom queries for tracking production and inventory-related metrics
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in any technical field including mechanical/aerospace/manufacturing, electrical, or computer engineering, supply chain, or business with a technical minor or concentration.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or Continuous Improvement and Six Sigma principles in action
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!