Location: Atlanta, GA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Area-I Office Operations
Area-I, an Anduril Company, is a metro-Atlanta-based company dedicated to the
development of state-of-the-art aerospace systems. The company specializes in
the development of unmanned aircraft systems and flight test related products
and services. We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the
Area-I Operations team. We are a growing team that strive for an exceptional
end user experience and a culture of excellence and continuous improvement. We
never say “Well that’s just the way we’ve always done it” and instead focus on
the best solutions.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
We are seeking an energetic, people-oriented Payroll/Benefits Specialist for
our highly-collaborative office. Reporting to the Head of Human Resources, you
would help assure the smooth and accurate delivery of our most essential
employee services. As our payroll superstar, you would thrive on delivering
results in a fast-paced environment. If you have stellar attention to detail
and a passion for customer service, we want to hear from you!
RESPONSIBILITIES - Payroll/ Time & Attendance
- Prepare and process staff bi-weekly payroll using Rippling and weekly timesheet process using DelTek
- Assist with payroll and tax related journal entries to accounting system; assist accounting in reconciling monthly bank statements for payroll-related transactions
- Track and record employee information, payroll, and benefits changes throughout the employee life cycle and notify the finance team, as appropriate
- Ensure confidential data integrity and respond to employee questions related to earnings, taxes, and deductions
- Manage year-end calendar process including verifying process schedule with payroll vendor, verifying master file information with employees, calculating, and processing bonus payrolls, and verifying and distributing W-2 and 1095 forms
- Stay up to date with federal, DC, and state employment laws as it relates to payroll; recommend and implement changes as needed
RESPONSIBILTIES - Benefits Administration
- Administer benefits and serving as primary contact with providers (including group health, disability and life), workers' compensation, unemployment, and company retirement plans
- In collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer and Director of Human Resources evaluate, administer, and review the full array of employee benefit programs inclusive of health, life, disability, 401K, to ensure programs are current and in compliance with legal requirements
- Act as primary point of contact and partner in executing the annual benefits open enrollment process, annual review and bidding process for plans, and benefits planning.
- Administer workers compensation, FMLA, and ADA programs.
- Reconcile benefits statements, code, and approve for payment; create journal entry for general ledger; assist accounting in reconciling monthly bank statements for benefit-related transactions
- Serve as liaison with 401(k), provide plan communications and education to employees, complete required compliance data for annual testing
- Facilitate trainings on benefits, payroll, and HR programs as needed
- FPC/CPP Certifications preferred
Area-I is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!