Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Flight Test
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
Anduril is seeking driven individuals to join our growing Test and Evaluation
team. In the projecting engineering role, you will be heavily involved in new
development and solving complex problems. You will be positioned at the
intersection of a variety of critical teams that you will work with to help
progress from initial concept through production ready. Your day-to-day focus
will change often as you navigate a complex product development roadmap, but
it should include opportunities such as developing a cross-functional
strategy, system integration, planning and program execution. Anduril is a
rapidly growing company, and the right person for this role should be able to
thrive in a fast-paced environment with many competing priorities.
Candidates for this role should have extensive experience in flight test and
DoD developmental efforts. They should be technically inclined and able to
comfortably understand core engineering design principals. The right
individual needs to be excited about the prospects of working on a growing
team and will be expected contribute from day one
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Determining and developing various approaches to achieve T&E objectives.
- Facilitate and coordinate flight testing, while supporting the daily flight test team
- Oversight and guidance of all test and integration efforts at the system and subsystem levels
- Communicate clearly, and in writing, all facets of flight test program to include test plans, test procedures, flight cards and test reports.
- Work with multiple cross-department organizations to plan test events and lead the successful execution of those test events.
- Participate in requirements development and design reviews with various engineering teams
- Facilitation/creation of associated system documentation (system manuals, checklists, acceptance procedures, etc)
- Responsibility and authority are equal with skills, experience, and program objectives
- Coordination includes project and test progress status, interfacing with program leadership, preparing and maintaining technical and tactical level schedules and plans, and managing resource constraints
- Work closely with government personnel
- Responsible for observing all laws, regulations and other applicable obligations wherever and whenever business is conducted on behalf of the Company.
- Test execution responsibilities, when needed, include T&E of hardware and software with emphasis placed on resource planning, conducting ground and flight testing, process improvement/development and participating in technical test reviews.
- Establish safe operational procedures and practices.
- A bachelor's degree or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and 5+ years flight test engineering experience.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Previous experience in propulsion and flying qualities testing.
- Expertise and working knowledge of the National Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expansive knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Strong computer and documentation experience.
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Prior experience as a test director, test conductor or equivalent on flying systems.
- Experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD).
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix OS; comfortable obtaining data from software platforms using command-line tools.
- Strong mechanical and technical aptitude with tools and electronics.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Strong leadership skills, with previous experience in leading a team.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Ability to immediately obtain a U.S. Secret-Level or greater Security Clearance.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!