Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Mechanical Engineering
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in the life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense!
We are looking for a Propulsion Engineer to join the team. They will be
responsible for design development and release of test equipment,
instrumentation and air breathing propulsion systems. They will support dyno
commissioning, instrumentation and first-run activities. Developing and
qualifying propulsion systems, and supporting flight testing as needed.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Assist in research and development regarding design of aircraft engines, engine components, advanced combustion and fuel injection systems.
- Specify, design, fabricate, install, and test prototype components and control systems.
- Specify, design, and install instrumentation on test assets for data acquisition.
- Collect, organize, and post-process test data to generate test reports with conclusions with recommendations for further work.
- Lead and participate in continuous improvement activities, including process improvement, efficiency improvement and development of data analysis techniques
- BS or higher degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, or Electrical Engineering
- Knowledge of fundamentals of internal combustion engines.
- Exposure to testing of engines, or powertrain components.
- Practical experience with diagnostics monitoring, failure detection and data analysis.
- Mechatronics experience; sensor selection, design and assembly of actuators, setup of data acquisition systems, assemble wire harnesses and debug/troubleshoot systems.
- Experience designing mechanical parts (CAD). Understanding of manufacturing methods (machining, sheet metal, composites, 3D printing, injection molding, etc.)
- Experience procuring parts and working in a machine shop. Working knowledge of machine safety and shop safety protocols.
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data
- Knowledge and experience working with Engine Management Systems (EMS), OEM or motorsport.
- Understanding of engine dynamometer operation including testing practices, instrumentation, and calculations
- Practical or professional experience with internal combustion engines.
As an employee at a growing startup you will be given broad leeway to solve
problems with the resources needed to win!
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!