Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Flight Test
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
SUMMARY / ABOUT THE JOB
At Anduril we are developing unmanned aerial systems capable of terminal
guidance, long range intelligence collection, precision relative and global
navigation, and unsupervised autonomy.
The Test Engineering team works across the entire spectrum of products ranging
from Lattice Ghost UAS, Sentry Tower, cUAS and our other platforms. Our team
conducts full system level development testing, new aircraft development, sub-
component qualification testing and much more. In short, if it involves test
we support it. If you are interested in working in an extremely innovative and
fast paced environment, where your work directly makes an impact and
difference in the products that are fielded this a fantastic opportunity.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- As a Test and Evaluation (T&E) engineer, under minimal supervision, you will determine and develop various approaches to achieve T&E goals and help guide and perform the completion of test activities.
- This position will focus heavily on new aircraft development, with propulsion & flying qualities emphasis.
- Test duties include system level T&E of hardware and software with emphasis placed on resource planning, conducting ground and flight testing, process improvement/development and participating in technical test reviews.
- A bachelor's degree or a related technical discipline from an accredited institution and 5+ years flight test engineering experience.
- Ability to travel 50% of the time or more.
- Previous expertise and working knowledge of the National Airspace System and UAS operating rules and regulations thereof.
- Must have a complete understanding of engineering concepts, principles, codes, and theory; experience demonstrating a broad application of those concepts; and, expansive knowledge of principles, concepts, theory, and practices in related technical specialties.
- Must possess the ability to understand new concepts quickly; apply them accurately; organize, schedule, and coordinate work phases; and, determine the appropriate approach at the task level or, with assistance, at the project level to provide solutions to a range of complex problems.
- Strong computer and documentation experience.
- Must have strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team; able to perform complex tasks in one or more engineering areas.
- Able to work extended hours as required.
- Must be able to obtain and hold a U.S. security clearance.
- Masters in Aerospace Engineering
- Experience working with the Department of Defense (DoD)
- Experience as a test conductor, test director, test pilot/navigator or similar
- Component level qualification experience
- Prior drone experience or small UAS
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!