Location: Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Catalyst - Mission Autonomy and Planning
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
Anduril builds cutting edge complex systems that operate in the harshest
conditions. We aim to create a M&S capability to support all stages of our
product lifecycle, from development all the way to deployment, training and
sustainment. We are growing our Modeling & Simulation (M&S) team to help
establish a world class Model Based Development (MBD) engineering process.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work on challenging problems in a fast-paced environment across our portfolio of programs and products.
- Develop a Modeling, Simulation, and Analysis (MS&A) framework to support mission-level concept exploration, tactics development, autonomous behaviors, and Software-in-the-Loop (SitL) product development.
- Develop simulation models for sensors, comms, movement, tactical behaviors, weapon effects, electronic effects, command and control, and others
- Partner with capability teams like Mission Autonomy to deliver simulation capabilities to help accelerate development.
- Work with multi-disciplinary subject matter experts to understand and adequately model pertinent sub-system, system and system of system dynamics
- 5 years' experience working as a Software Engineer
- Strong C++ skills
- Experience with high performance and multi-threaded programming
- Demonstrated curiosity and ability to learn outside of core discipline
- U.S. Person status is required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- 10 years of Software Development experience in a Science and/or Engineering related field; relevant academic experience (BSc., MSc. Phd) qualifies
- Advanced proficiency with C++
- Experience with developing sub-system and system level models (Air vehicle, ground vehicles, ground based sensors and other types of complex systems)
- Experience working with/developing multi-system mission level simulations (Air space simulation, swarm simulations, Game development, etc.)
- Experience in the gaming or military simulation fields delivering configurable scenario-based environments for war-gaming (e.g., AFSIM, NGTS, etc.)
- Startup experience
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!