Location: Seattle, WA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Lattice - Command and Control
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
We are looking for an excited engineer to join our growing Android team.
You’ll be working on our new UAV command and control application written
primarily in Kotlin with Jetpack Compose.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Help the team define and develop the MVP for a handheld unmanned aerial vehicle command and control, including for pilot workflows, streaming video, and autonomous flight
- Integrate directly with drone hardware to build new in-flight experiences for controlling drone positioning, behavior and data capture
- Analyze and optimize mobile applications for efficiency and performance for critical flight workflows
- Work closely with our product and design teams to prototype, test, and ship new user-facing improvements and features
- Minimum 1 year of experience with writing, testing, shipping, maintaining, and supporting live mobile applications
- Demonstrated proficiency with the Android ecosystem (Java/Kotlin)
- Exhibit a passion for user interfaces balancing technology with customer impact
- The ability to iterate on solutions and respond to change effectively
- U.S. Person status may be required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
- Exposure to Jetpack Compose
- Familiarity with ATAK, TAK Server, and WinTAK
- Prior experience with multimedia and video streaming protocols
- Prior experience with location technologies, Mapbox preferred
- Drone piloting experience
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!
Eligibility Disposition: U.S. Person Status is required as this position needs
to access export controlled data.