Location: Seattle, WA or Costa Mesa, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Substrate - Configuration and Deployment
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies.
If you are passionate about solving problems that have real impact, come join
Anduril and build the future of defense.
About the role:
Anduril’s Lattice software platform integrates together many sensors into a
single cohesive view of the world, providing needed context for our users.
Software engineers at Anduril build the systems that run on our autonomous
assets, the networking and backend services that integrate large amounts of
sensor data, and the user interfaces that display that data in real time.
We believe in having as little separation between engineers and our users as
well as between engineering teams. As a Software Engineering Manager, you will
be working alongside a team of engineers with a diverse set of backgrounds and
skills. Anduril has a collaborative culture with plenty of opportunities for
ownership. As an early member of the team, your decisions today will have a
large impact on the company now and into the future, as well as our customers!
We believe that simple systems are easier to understand, maintain, and scale.
You will be making trade-offs as you work to ensure that our systems are
prepared to scale - so being able to effectively communicate these trade-offs
with your teammates is a must.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Be responsible for career growth, engagement and quality output of engineers on your team
- Grok, communicate and leverage business priorities as it relates to your team’s area of responsibilities in order to curate a clear product vision, prioritize the highest impact projects and reduce execution risk
- Balance short term tensions from the business against long term product vision and roadmap
- Be accountable for the full lifecycle development of software products from problem discovery to solution delivery
- Maintain contextual awareness of technical architecture within your engineering group in order to advise and guide design decisions across the group
- Participate in group level leadership discussions and decision making
- Dive into the details when it matters
- Define what great looks like with regards to all manners of performance expectations
- Partner with recruiting to hire our next generation of software engineers
- We recognize that excellence never comes in a one size fits all list of requirements. To us, an engineering manager is someone who cares deeply about building high performing teams by focusing on setting clear expectations, pulling individuals up to realize their maximum potential and developing a clear and sustainable long term vision for the team they lead, rooted in the needs of the business. Caring about these things may take the form of one on one mentorship, project planning, architecture white boarding or diving in to the code to lead by example when needed.
- U.S. Person status may be required as this position needs to access export controlled data.
WHAT A SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE LOOKS LIKE
- Seeks out the bigger picture and has a penchant for the right amount of planning
- Draws energy from coaching and growing others
- Willing to take risks and own the accountability for managing those risks
- Passionate about solving real world problems, quickly
- Insatiable desire to build and create
- Deep systems background with high value on engineering excellence
- Instinct towards leading by example rather than authority
- Has managed and scaled high performing teams
- Experienced in partnering with engineering leaders, customers and cross-functional team members
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!