Location: Washington, DC
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Security and Compliance
Anduril is a defense technology company, bringing Silicon Valley talent and
funding to the defense sector. Our technology helps our customers solve their
toughest challenges by enabling them to make better, more informed decisions
in life-and-death situations. We’ve assembled a diverse team of experts in
artificial intelligence, computer vision, sensor fusion, optics, and data
analysis that are creating software and hardware solutions to radically evolve
the capabilities of the United States and our allies. If you are passionate
about solving problems that have real impact, come join Anduril and build the
future of defense.
The Director, Special Programs will guide the company’s interaction with the
Department of Defense (DoD) and Intelligence Community (IC) to develop and
advocate the company’s special programs strategy. This individual will
maintain executive relationships within the DoD and IC to ensure the company’s
special programs strategy keeps pace with the government’s expectations. The
Director, Special Programs is responsible for developing and nurturing the
management, administration, security and oversight of Special Access Programs
(SAPs), along with the enabling policies, processes, and infrastructure These
functions will inform strategic innovation, optimally align and improve the
organization’s secure and efficient delivery of capabilities.
The Director, Special Programs is expected to effectively communicate the SAP
strategy, vision, and operational direction required to oversee the company’s
implementation. The incumbent will be expected to proactively maintain
relationships with the government and company to educate and promote the
special programs strategy and implementation. The Director, Special Programs
will be an innovative leader who can drive the special programs strategy and
execution to its next level of maturity.
The Director, Special Programs will develop a modernized, sustainable strategy
for special programs that is aligned to company objectives, as well as the
infrastructure requirements to support it. It will be critical for the
Director, Special Programs to effectively represent the company’s SAP
interests across DoD and IC customers, and within the defense industrial base
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Assess special program’s needs; develop, implement, and monitor a strategic, comprehensive, program security strategy.
- PrioritizE customer initiatives, and coordinatE the development, evaluation, deployment, and management of special program policies, procedures, and infrastructure.
- Provide Senior level briefings on the special programs plan and provide perspective on government policy changes or events that could impact the company.
- Accountable and Influential – Accountability for providing a special programs strategy and implementation aligned to government customer expectations and business objectives. Strong influence management skills are required to provide robust independent challenges and insights to business senior stakeholders.
- High Integrity - High level of personal and professional integrity, and the ability to professionally handle confidential matters and demonstrate the appropriate level of judgment and maturity in balanced risk decision making.
- Intelligent and Creative – Ability to understand the complex government regulatory environment and how best to navigate within it. Ability to provide critical thinking, and problem solving to the most challenging issues.
- Sense of Urgency – Ability to operate in a highly dynamic environment with the ability to respond and react decisively in a changing set of circumstances and priorities. Ability to quickly assess complex situations and take appropriate action.
- Strategic Thinker – Ability to identify and plan for multi-year opportunities and be prepared to invest time and patience in order to harvest a long-term, multi-year approach.
- Strong Communicator and Team Leader – Ability to communicate succinctly and clearly with peers, leadership, and external partners and stakeholders. Excellent written and verbal communications skills, interpersonal and collaborative skills, and the ability to efficiently communicate special programs, security, and risk-related concepts to technical and nontechnical audiences.
- At least 10 years of relevant special programs experience, with a minimum of 5 years at the senior/executive level.
- Specific experience at senior levels in the DoD and IC special programs community is a priority.
- Cross-functional experience with demonstrated success leading transformational change in an organization.
- Exceptional communication skills necessary to advise corporate management and influence government officials.
- Strategic leader who can drive a vision for special programs while maintaining an execution-oriented focus for driving results; an entrepreneurial spirit; ability to serve as a hands-on leader.
- Thorough understanding of special programs, including government governance models, policy, and compliance requirements, as well as existing and planned government infrastructure, applications, and tools.
- A track record of assessing threat and vulnerability from a business as well as a technical perspective, and the ability to develop and implement affordable, efficient and timely security solutions that enhance company growth.
Anduril is an equal-opportunity employer, and we encourage candidates from all
backgrounds to apply. If you are someone passionate to work on problems that
matter, we’d love to hear from you!