Location: Remote or Boston, MA or Pittsburgh, PA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Data Engineering
Based on the evolving situation with Covid–19 we are mostly remote, this includes the hiring process. We are in the process of moving to a hybrid of onsite and remote with some positions remaining 100% remote.
Why This Role Is Important To Arcadia
This position is part of the Arcadia Data Engineering team, we are responsible for the onboarding, enhancement, and support of data feed integrations between Client Claim and Clinical data mgmt. platforms and our Healthcare Solution Platform. Our customers are top Healthcare providers and payers, and we help them integrate their internal systems with our analytic platform. The Data Engineering team is responsible for the data architecture that drives the partnership with customers and other internal organizations to drive success through adoption of cutting edge analytic solutions that leverage new age technologies and best practices. Our Data Engineers require both SQL Database knowledge and design , along with multiple programing languages .
As a Data Engineer, you will drive the successful development of solution architecture and the completion of data pipeline connectors that automate the flow of data between client Claim and Clinical data platforms and our analytic health solution platform. Your efforts will be critical to driving the long- term partnership between Arcadia and our customers.
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months
- Learn the different areas of the data connector life cycle, while having a working knowledge of the technical stacks , storage platforms , data models , and Dev. Cycle
- Work within Data Engineering Scrum team
- Set to work on new ingestion pipelines with full bandwidth available (as formal training will end)
In 6 months
- Properly contribute to scrum ceremonies and ceremonies within the dev cycles while successfully updating status and progress in Jira
- Work on higher level enhancement requests and ingestion pipelines
- Ability to Deliver Data related Reviews to clients and other departments regarding code quality and test cases.
- Set your own personal vision of development and career aspirations and set a working path forward with leadership to work on how we can help you attain those goals
**In 12 months **
- Developing a range of data pipelines with varying complexity
- Work with Product, Engineering or Implementation to build out tools for better data integration
- Pick an SME (Subject Matter Expert) path for what excites you the most
- Working on standardized data connector development
Technical Domain Knowledge:
Business Domain Knowledge:
As a data engineer you will be expected to problem solve some basic coding issues and enhancements with frameworks that are built in Spark Scala, while also leveraging technical skills to partake in idea sessions on process improvement and POC design of how to carry out a solution.
SQL: 2-4 year (Preferred)
Spark: 1-2 years (Preferred)
NoSQL Databases: 1-2 years (Preferred)
Database Architecture: 2-3 years (Preferred)
Cloud Architecture: 1-2 years (Preferred)
Arcadia.io helps innovative healthcare systems and health plans around the country transform healthcare to reduce cost while improving patient health. We do this by aggregating massive amounts of clinical and claims data, applying algorithms to identify opportunities to provide better patient care, and making those opportunities actionable by physicians at the point of care in near-real time. We are passionate about helping our customers drive meaningful outcomes. We are growing fast and have emerged as the market leader in the highly competitive population health management software and value-based care services markets, and we have been recognized by industry analysts KLAS, IDC, Forrester and Chilmark for our leadership. For a better sense of our brand and products, please explore our website, our online resources, and our interactive Data Gallery.
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.