Location: Remote or Boston, MA or Pittsburgh, PA
Employment Type: Full-time
Based on the evolving situation with Covid–19 we are mostly remote, this includes the hiring process. We are in the process of moving to a hybrid of onsite and remote with some positions remaining 100% remote.
Why This Role Is Important To Arcadia
Arcadia is looking for an Architect to join our growing Engineering organization. In this multi-faceted role, you will be an integral part of our DevOps and Operations teams, responsible for leading architecture direction to enable ease of deployment, AWS scalability, and environment issue resolution. You will build and lead comprehensive system and architecture designs enabling Arcadia to leverage the latest platforms and technology solutions. Your contributions will directly influence the ability for our development teams to deploy to production faster, with fewer issues, and respond faster to issues that do arise.
The right Architect understands the big picture and intuitively understands the value of well thought out architectures that enable teams and systems to scale at the pace our business is scaling. We are looking for someone that can act in the short term while continuing to build solutions in the direction of our future goals and needs.
What Success Looks Like
In 3 months
- Develop an understanding of our existing architectures, deployment pipelines, and telemetry monitoring to assist with day to day needs and drive a positive team impact
- Analyze existing telemetry and monitoring processes to define Service Level Indicators and Service Level Objectives
- Work with Operations teams to reduce alert fatigue and define aggregate alerts that provide clear actions and value
In 6 months
- Lead the migration of Arcadia’s current containerization platform to Kubernetes
- Define the design / approach for refining telemetry and operational alerts
- Assist with architecture proposals that are reviewed by the Architecture Review Board
In 12 months
- Position our engineering teams with architectures and solutions that enable them to deliver a best in class customer experience through rapid feature deployment, meaningful Service Level Indicators (SLI), and high product stability
Arcadia.io helps innovative healthcare systems and health plans around the country transform healthcare to reduce cost while improving patient health. We do this by aggregating massive amounts of clinical and claims data, applying algorithms to identify opportunities to provide better patient care, and making those opportunities actionable by physicians at the point of care in near-real time. We are passionate about helping our customers drive meaningful outcomes. We are growing fast and have emerged as the market leader in the highly competitive population health management software and value-based care services markets, and we have been recognized by industry analysts KLAS, IDC, Forrester and Chilmark for our leadership. For a better sense of our brand and products, please explore our website, our online resources, and our interactive Data Gallery.
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.