Location: Remote or Boston, MA or Pittsburgh, PA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Data Engineering
Based on the evolving situation with Covid–19 we are mostly remote, this
includes the hiring process. We are in the process of moving to a hybrid of
onsite and remote with some positions remaining 100% remote.
Why This Role Is Important To Arcadia
This position is part of the Arcadia Data Engineering team, we are responsible
for the onboarding, enhancement, and support of data feed integrations between
Client Claim and Clinical data mgmt. platforms and our Healthcare Solution
Platform. Our customers are top Healthcare providers and payers, and we help
them integrate their internal systems with our analytic platform. The Data
Engineering team is responsible for the data architecture that drives the
partnership with customers and other internal organizations to drive success
through adoption of cutting edge analytic solutions that leverage new age
technologies and best practices. Our Data Engineers require both SQL Database
knowledge and design , along with multiple programing languages.
What Success Looks Like:
In 3 months
- Learn the different areas of the data connector life cycle, while having a
working knowledge of the technical stacks , storage platforms , data models ,
and Dev. Cycle
- Work within Data Engineering Scrum team
- Set to work on new ingestion pipelines with full bandwidth available (as
formal training will end)
In 6 months
- Properly contribute to scrum ceremonies and ceremonies within the dev
cycles while successfully updating status and progress in Jira
- Work on higher level enhancement requests and ingestion pipelines
- Ability to Deliver Data related Reviews to clients and other departments
regarding code quality and test cases.
- Set your own personal vision of development and career aspirations and set
a working path forward with leadership to work on how we can help you attain
**In 12 months **
- Developing a range of data pipelines with varying complexity
- Work with Product, Engineering or Implementation to build out tools for
better data integration
- Pick an SME (Subject Matter Expert) path for what excites you the most
- Working on standardized data connector development
What You'll Be Doing
- As a Senior Data Engineer, you will drive the successful development of solution architecture and the completion of data pipeline connectors that automate the flow of data between client Claim and Clinical data platforms and our analytic health solution platform. Your experience will be leverage to assist associate level and base level employees in their design and coding efforts . Your outcomes will be critical to driving the long-term partnership between Arcadia and our customers.
- You will be primarily responsible for the:
- Design and documentation of connectors / ingestion pipelines
- The assistance and review of Design for connectors / ingestion pipelines as associate level and base level learn under your guidance .
- Build and Unit testing of delivery connector / ingestion pipeline
- Key touchpoint for unit test case reviews and code reviews
- Support of our processes in partaking in sprint planning , product grooming , maintaining Jira tasks and peer reviews
- You will be expected to contribute to multiple implementations simultaneously, which will include both new customer setup as well as support and enhancements for existing customers.
- The expectations of the day to day of an engineer is as follows:
- Responsible for delivery of work on expected timelines.
- Able to identify risk to project success and communicate to leadership
- Assist associate level engineering in triage of and understanding risks to projects
- Works independently on delivery w/decreasing involvement from the IT engineering org
- Consistently deliver connectors of increasing quality with "lessons learned" incorporated into next project
- Able to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills to propose solutions for complex problems within day to day work
Technical Domain Knowledge:
- Working and growing knowledge of new tech stack with less focus on finding efficiency in the technology and greater focus on understanding use of it.
- Developing ability to understand technical issues and communicate potential solutions to team members or engineering team
Business Domain Knowledge:
- Developing working knowledge of the business of healthcare data and how it interacts within the Arcadia products
- Understanding of shared value contracts that our customers are in and how data is impacted by them
- Developing knowledge of industry data expected values such as PMPM by LOBs, MM trends, etc.
- Developing internal and external professional communication skills including presentation of issues using appropriate industry vocabulary
- Acting representative to IT org and associate and base level engineering to take project issues and present them to IT org in a manner they can act on calculate ROI.
- Responsible for contributing to the advancement of team processes and internal
What You’ll Bring
- Senior Experience Level of 5-8 years post-grad with relevant industry experience or graduate level Degree.
- As a data engineer you will be expected to problem solve some coding issues and enhancements with frameworks that are built in Spark Scala, while also leveraging technical skills to partake in idea sessions on process improvement and POC design of how to carry out a solution.
- SQL: 4-5 year (Preferred)
- Spark: 3-5 years (Preferred)
- NoSQL Databases: 2-3 years (Preferred)
- Database Architecture: 3-5 years (Preferred)
- Cloud Architecture: 2-3 years (Preferred)
- As a data engineer you will be expected to problem solve some basic data analysis issues and work the data to create analytic enhancements.
- Healthcare Data: 3-5 years (Preferred)
- Healthcare Analytics: 3-5 years (Preferred)
What You'll Get
- Opportunity to be a part of a mission driven organization focused on helping provider organizations change the way they provide care to their patients
- Chance to be surrounded by a team of extremely talented and dedicated individuals driven to succeed
- Be a part of a mission driven company that is transforming the healthcare industry by changing the way patients receive care
- A flexible, remote friendly company with personality and heart
- Employee driven programs and initiatives for personal and professional development
- Be a member of the Arcadian and Barkadian Community
Arcadia.io helps innovative healthcare systems and
health plans around the country transform healthcare to reduce cost while
improving patient health. We do this by aggregating massive amounts of
clinical and claims data, applying algorithms to identify opportunities to
provide better patient care, and making those opportunities actionable by
physicians at the point of care in near-real time. We are passionate about
helping our customers drive meaningful outcomes. We are growing fast and have
emerged as the market leader in the highly competitive population health
management software and value-based care services markets, and we have been
recognized by industry analysts KLAS, IDC, Forrester and Chilmark for our
leadership. For a better sense of our brand and products, please explore our
website, our online
resources, and our interactive Data
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and
procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well
as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the
responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.