Location: Remote or Boston, MA or Pittsburgh, PA
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Distributed/Streaming Services
Based on the evolving situation with Covid–19 we are mostly remote, this includes the hiring process. We are in the process of moving to a hybrid of onsite and remote with some positions remaining 100% remote.
Why This Role Is Important To Arcadia
In this position you will work with a big data engineering group to design, build, install and test data processes which ingest, transform, and analyze data at petabyte scale. Leveraging technologies like Apache Spark and Apache Nifi, Scylla, and DC/OS, you will build the toolset to enable Arcadia’s data integration projects on cloud platforms such as AWS. The ideal candidate would be passionate about using technologies to solve complex problems in a distributed, non-homogeneous environment.
The ideal candidate will be motivated by bleeding edge technologies and methodologies, and excited to learn and apply them to the healthcare space. They bring a strong track record in developing and delivering software through all phases of the SDLC, including cross-functional collaboration to achieve business outcomes. They are passionate about data and problem solving and excited about the potential of that data to make meaningful change in healthcare.
What Success Looks Like
In 3 months
- Understand the high-level approaches and architecture employed by Arcadia to integrate and aggregate data
- Contribute to product development on high priority features across multiple software components managed by the team
In 6 months
- Achieve a deep understanding of the approaches and architecture employed by Arcadia to integrate and aggregate data by contributing to all components managed by the team
- Contribute to the design and build of more complex and impactful features
- Actively contribute to discussions around feature/system design and grooming
In 12 months
- Continued excellence in building and deploying product features and technical improvements
- Identify opportunities to eliminate technical debt and improve development and delivery practices and efficiencies
Arcadia.io helps innovative healthcare systems and health plans around the country transform healthcare to reduce cost while improving patient health. We do this by aggregating massive amounts of clinical and claims data, applying algorithms to identify opportunities to provide better patient care, and making those opportunities actionable by physicians at the point of care in near-real time. We are passionate about helping our customers drive meaningful outcomes. We are growing fast and have emerged as the market leader in the highly competitive population health management software and value-based care services markets, and we have been recognized by industry analysts KLAS, IDC, Forrester and Chilmark for our leadership. For a better sense of our brand and products, please explore our website, our online resources, and our interactive Data Gallery.
This position is responsible for following all Security policies and procedures in order to protect all PHI under Arcadia's custodianship as well as Arcadia Intellectual Properties. For any security-specific roles, the responsibilities would be further defined by the hiring manager.