Employment Type: Full Time
AutoFi is the leading commerce platform for end-to-end digital automotive sales and financing, powering billions of dollars in transactions every year through a network of top lenders. Our cloud-based pricing platform and APIs offer customizable solutions to power prequalification and financing for the largest automotive brands in the industry.
We are funded for years of future growth and backed by investors including Crosslink Capital, Santander Holdings USA, SVB Financial Group, Ford, BMW iVentures and Mouro Capital. AutoFi recently raised an $85 million dollar financing at a nearly $700 million valuation to double down on our mission to bring joy and trust to the automotive market. You can read more about our recent financing [here](https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220306005035/en/AutoFi- Closes-85-Million-in-Funding-to-Accelerate-Growth).
After producing four consecutive years of 100% revenue growth, the AutoFi team in 2021 more than doubled in headcount, while our platform processed more than one million automotive financing requests that resulted in more than $3 billion in vehicle sales. Our recent round of funding will fuel continued growth, enabling us to keep innovating on behalf of our dealer, OEM, lender and enterprise clients.
Our team is diverse - spread out across the U.S. and Canada, we have backgrounds from finance and technology as well as deep experience in all areas of the auto space. We’re empathetic, gritty, curious, and humble owners of this business and are supported by some of the biggest names in the auto and financial industries as commercial partners. We’ve never been more excited about the opportunity in front of us to help transition the auto industry from offline to online. If changing a trillion-dollar industry sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Read more about joining us here.
About the Role
We are looking for a smart, ambitious and experienced SaaS Controller to support the business. This opportunity requires an individual with high attention to detail, excellent problem-solving abilities, and an enthusiastic attitude. Candidates must have the ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities, thrive in a highly driven environment, and have an overall desire to contribute to company growth. Candidates must also have strong experience in SaaS accounting, Auditing, SaaS metrics/reporting & SaaS revenue recognition.
• Full-cycle GAAP Accounting Professional with 10+ years of full-cycle accounting, ASC 606, SOX, IPO / M & A, and startup Pre-IPO SaaS Tech company experience
• Experienced in technical accounting, ASC 606, ASC 404, SOX, ASC 718
• Ensures quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting, managing budgets, trends, forecasts, and provides visibility to C-Suite regarding variances, deviations, and forecasts accuracy
• Competency to own full cycle month-end close process with proven experience in close optimization, including publishing timely monthly financial statements to the C-Suite, reporting on trends, flux, variances, regulatory reporting & research
• Proficiency in PCB Audit experience to manage schedules & deliverables, with a proven record of executing clean & efficient audits
• Financial reporting, development & process, with ability to develop & execute technical memos and footnotes
• Efficiency in the supervision of Accounting team, including proficiency in scalable leadership experience to oversee & grow current accounting team
• Ability in managing the monthly budget to actual reports, monitoring SaaS Tech KPI trends, variance analysis to C-Suite
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or a field relevant to the position’s requirements
5+ years’ experience as a leader in Accounting/Finance within SaaS industry
SaaS revenue experience required
Expertise with Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) rules and relevant tax laws
Audit management experience
Collaborative team player, nimble & adaptive, thrives in fast-paced SaaS Tech Startup environment, highly organized & detailed with ability to prioritize & manage multiple projects
Ability to solve problems independently and within teams
Proficient Excel, Bill.com, Expensify, Xero, Stripe, NetSuite a plus
Experience working within Automotive SaaS company a plus
CPA or SaaS Academy a plus
AutoFi is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.