Employment Type: Full Time
Senior Applications Security Engineer
AutoFi is the leading commerce platform for end-to-end digital automotive sales and financing, powering billions of dollars in transactions every year through a network of top lenders. Our cloud-based pricing platform and APIs offer customizable solutions to power prequalification and financing for the largest automotive brands in the industry.
We are funded for years of future growth and backed by investors including Crosslink Capital, Santander Holdings USA, SVB Financial Group, Ford, BMW iVentures and Mouro Capital. AutoFi recently raised an $85 million dollar financing at a nearly $700 million valuation to double down on our mission to bring joy and trust to the automotive market. You can read more about our recent financing [here](https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20220306005035/en/AutoFi- Closes-85-Million-in-Funding-to-Accelerate-Growth).
After producing four consecutive years of 100% revenue growth, the AutoFi team in 2021 more than doubled in headcount, while our platform processed more than one million automotive financing requests that resulted in more than $3 billion in vehicle sales. Our recent round of funding will fuel continued growth, enabling us to keep innovating on behalf of our dealer, OEM, lender and enterprise clients.
Our team is diverse - spread out across the U.S. and Canada, we have backgrounds from finance and technology as well as deep experience in all areas of the auto space. We’re empathetic, gritty, curious, and humble owners of this business and are supported by some of the biggest names in the auto and financial industries as commercial partners. We’ve never been more excited about the opportunity in front of us to help transition the auto industry from offline to online. If changing a trillion-dollar industry sounds exciting, we’d love to hear from you. Read more about joining us here.
About the Role:
AutoFi is looking for a passionate and driven Senior Application Security Engineer. You will work closely with development teams, product managers, and third-party groups to ensure AutoFi’s products & services are secure.
● Design and implement application security practices and standards
● Develop tooling and automation to facilitate continuous testing
● Lead application security reviews and threat modeling, including code review and dynamic testing
● Educate the product delivery organization on security best practices and standards.
● Develop security libraries and implement security bug fixes
● Work with AutoFi’s security vendors to perform external penetration tests and build the company’s bug bounty program
● 6+ years of relevant, post-academic Software engineering experience with at least 2 years spent in an application security role.
● Familiarity with common security libraries, security controls, and common security flaws.
● Understanding of network and web related protocols
● Experience with static & dynamic analysis, security code reviews, and application security frameworks (e.g. OWASP)
● Comfortable in a fast-paced start-up environment.
● Degree in computer science, cybersecurity, or related field
● Understanding of data encryption and key management
● Application security certification (e.g. CEH).
● Prior Automotive or Fin Tech experience
AutoFi is an equal opportunity employer. Individuals seeking employment are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.