Location: Brazil, Sao Paulo
Employment Type: Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital
asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to
accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain
industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the
- Provide legal advice on data privacy requirements to support the business globally.
- Develop, implement and review data privacy policies and programmes to ensure data privacy compliance for personal information collection, processing, transfer and disclosure.
- Facilitate compliance across all aspects of global privacy laws and regulations including data protection, data security and data breach rules.
- Draft, review, negotiate and administer legal and commercial documentation, in particular in relation to personal data transfers to third parties and cross-jurisdiction.
- Actively manage external counsel on contentious and non-contentious privacy-related projects internationally.
- Continuously monitor data privacy developments and provide practical advice to the relevant stakeholders.
- Support the development and implementation of legal strategy to reduce risks while balancing against the organization’s overall business strategy.
- Assist in negotiation of contracts for different business lines in the ecosystem, and support in a variety of risk management projects.
- Partner with cross-functional and regional teams and provide support on legal matters of varying complexity, sensitivity, and tangibility.
- Provide general support to the legal team.
- Qualified lawyer in data privacy with 2-7 years of experience at a reputable global law firm and/or as in-house counsel.
- Good knowledge of data privacy laws is essential.
- Experience with developing data privacy policies and processes.
- Experience with handling regulatory inquiries, requests for information and investigations.
- Interest in the cryptocurrency industry and its development.
- Master of Laws or Juris Doctor degree from a top law school.
- Strong team player and good business sense.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and
the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire