Location: Brazil, Sao Paulo
Employment Type: Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital
asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to
accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain
industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the
- Assist in handling ongoing litigation and arbitrations in jurisdictions where the business has operations, with a primary focus in Brasil.
- Manage legal efforts in response to contentious inquiries encountered by the company and internal stakeholders. Take charge of external communication with external counsel and negotiations with opposing counsel.
- Provide proactive, in-depth, commercially practical legal advice to all stakeholders.
- Be responsible for drafting and reviewing court, arbitration documents, liaison and settlement agreements.
- Partner with cross-functional and regional teams and provide support on complex legal matters.
- Provide legal business partner training and counsel non-legal associates to enable stronger legal acumen across the company.
- Provide administrative support to manage billing, legal contracts, corporate documents and other documentation. General overall support to the legal team.
- A qualified lawyer in litigation/dispute resolution with 8-10 years of experience at a reputable global law firm, in-house experience a plus.
- Qualified to practice law in LatAm
- Experience with motions practice in federal and state court.
- Knowledge of financial products (including spot trading, margin trading, futures and options) is essential.
- Experience with handling disputes for traditional financial institutions and cryptocurrency organisations is highly preferred
- Experience with white-collar and/or securities is highly preferred.
- Experience with investigations is a plus.
- Interested in the cryptocurrency industry and its development.
- Possesses solid legal technical expertise as well as sound business and people judgment sense.
- Hands-on at work and can be independent in managing complex projects.
- Can develop relevant and creative solutions to handle risks and manage disputes.
- Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and
the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire