Location: France, Paris
Employment Type: Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital
asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to
accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain
industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the
- Providing legal advice and assistance to the HR team and stakeholders in handling all personnel related matters whether contentious and non-contentious - this includes employee disputes, grievances, disciplinary and performance issues, processes, restructuring and redundancy matters.
- Advising on the investigation and management of employee misconduct cases.
- Designing and implementing personnel related policies and processes.
- Drafting, maintaining and reviewing employment-related documents.
- Liaising and managing external counsel whenever required.
- Monitoring and advising on employment law developments and their impact on the business.
- Coordinating/delivering training for Human Resources on employment law issues.
- Provide proactive, in-depth, commercially sensible legal advice to all stakeholders.
- Support in the development and implementation of legal strategy to reduce risk while balancing against the organisation’s overall business strategy. Partner with cross-functional and regional teams and provide support on legal matters of varying complexity, sensitivity, and tangibility.
- Provide legal business partner training and counsel non-legal associates to enable stronger legal acumen across the company.
- Take prudent risks within the context of the overall business, and advise and implement solutions to address issues identified.
- Provide administrative support to manage billing, legal contracts, corporate documents and other documentation.
- General overall support to the legal team.
- Qualified lawyer in employment with 3-6 years of experience at a reputable global law firm and/or large multinational organisation including contentious and non-contentious experience.
- Familiarity with and experience in advising on employment law matters across multiple jurisdictions.
- Demonstrable commercial and legal judgment (including the ability to assess risk and advise accordingly).
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain relationships with colleagues worldwide.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to execute on multiple tasks and prioritise appropriately.
- Interest in the cryptocurrency industry and its development.
- Bachelors or Master of Laws degree from a top law school.
- Strong team player and good business sense.
- Hands on at work and can be independent in managing complex projects.
- Can develop relevant and creative solutions to handle risks and manage disputes.
- Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and
the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire