Location: India, New Delhi
Employment Type: Full-time Onsite or Remote
Team: Finance & Administration
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital
asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to
accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain
industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the
The Head of Finance for India will play a crucial role in acting as finance
business partner for the country and regional leadership team in helping shape
the future strategy and direction for our business. This position will be
instrumental in setting up and implementing the Financial Controls, policies
and processes for the country. One of the key responsibilities will be to
ensure compliance with local Tax and other applicable regulations. This role
will also be responsible for risk management and financial controls for our
portfolio companies in India.
The ideal candidate will need to be hands-on, proactive, independent, with a
proven track record of working as a head of finance with experience of working
with Indian regulators and external advisors on complex Tax matters.
This role can work remotely in India.
- Work as finance business partner for the country/ region leadership team to develop & implement short & long term strategic objectives for the company
- Provide support to business on all tax matters related to tax compliance and manage relationships with Indian tax authorities such as responding to queries, managing audits, managing any challenges, disputes, and tax litigation.
- Monitor the development of tax legislation and policy in the region and assess impact on business.
- Provide support to the business with license applications and setting up the optimal business entity structure in India given our future expansion plans
- Help the business in analyzing and structuring of commercial transactions/ contractual arrangements as well as support on new business ventures, products or services
- Ensure the financial integrity of the company and be fully accountable for the accuracy of the company's financial statements
- Provide financial oversight and drive controls for our portfolio companies in IndiaBudget, forecast and help oversee current and future investments and capital structures
- Manage the financial health of the business in the region and ensure that various key financial metrics are being accurately maintained and reported.
- Be cognizant of the law, regulation and compliance requirements of the crypto industry and work closely with the company’s legal and tax teams, the regulators and law enforcement agencies as required.
- 12+ years of progressive experience with 3+ years as Head of Finance
- Should have thorough knowledge of financial planning, corporate governance and compliance
- In depth knowledge of corporate financial law and risk management practices
- Expertise of Indian Tax laws and compliances either with a Big 4 and/or in-house tax team at a reputed corporate
- Experience of working with Indian tax authorities; responding to queries, managing audits, managing any challenges, disputes, and tax litigation
- Significant experience of working with external advisors, internal controls, and compliance-related issues
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and lead teams through changeQualified Indian CA (CS is an advantage)
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and
the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire