Employment Type: Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital
asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to
accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain
industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the
- Contribute meaningfully to the development and implementation of the group’s commercial legal strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s general business strategy.
- Provide proactive, in-depth, business focused commercial legal advice and counsel.
- Manage and be responsible for Binance’s intellectual property matters including all aspects of registration of IP, protection of IP (including IP litigation) and technology and data licensing.
- Advising on all aspects of commercial legal matters for Binance from M&A, joint ventures, restructurings to day-to-day commercial agreements.
- Assist in negotiation of contracts for different business lines in the ecosystem, and support in a variety of transactional and corporate governance initiatives.
- Be responsible for drafting and reviewing legal documents and provide holistic risk assessment and suggestions to enhance business value while mitigating downside risk across multiple areas of the company.
- Partner with cross-functional and regional teams and provide support on legal matters of varying complexity, sensitivity, and tangibility.
- Anticipate and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current laws relevant to your own substantive area to provide strategic advice and foster compliance.
- Identify legal framework developments, align and promote consistency of approach in legal matters between the internal stakeholders.
- Qualified to practise law in Hong Kong, Singapore or other leading jurisdiction in Asia or other common-law jurisdiction.
- 4-7 years of relevant legal experience at a global law firm.
- Additional corporate in-house counsel experience from a significant advantage especially at a fast-paced technology company.
- Strong team player and good business sense.
- Has a proven track-record of advising on IP matters and commercial matters.
- Possesses solid legal technical expertise as well as sound business and people judgment.
- Hands on at work and can be independent in managing complex projects.
- Can develop relevant and creative solutions to meet current and evolving business needs.
- Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organizational skills.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and
the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire