Location: South East Asia
Employment Type: Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital
asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to
accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain
industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the
The Market surveillance Investigator will work with compliance, legal,
technology, and front office product teams within Binance to assist with
building and implementing new surveillance capabilities. This individual will
assist with the design of the surveillance infrastructure and will be
responsible for analyzing and investigating the output of surveillance
reports. This requires analytical and problem solving skills to identify
signals from complex data sets that could be indicative of market misconduct.
This position relies on independent decision making with high accuracy and
attention to detail. The candidate will work with compliance, front office
product teams, and other stakeholders to identify regulatory developments and
industry trends that warrant updating existing or developing new surveillance
to ensure the firm has comprehensive coverage.
- Responsible for the timely analysis of alerts leading to the detection and prevention of market misconduct.
- Identify areas of concern and escalate to stakeholders; quickly highlight abnormal and/or aberrant activity to senior management and product heads.
- Contribute to the design and development of models to enhance surveillance coverage, including but not limited to various forms of conduct risk, compliance policies, and market manipulation.
- Perform ad-hoc reviews of trading activity by analyzing complex situations, identifying high risk behaviors, and applying judgment to resolve issues in an efficient manner.
- Compile analysis into meaningful summaries and make findings available to relevant stakeholders such as Legal and Compliance.
- Keep informed of regulatory, business, and market structure changes that impact the surveillance program and continually look for methods to improve coverage and performance.
- The ideal candidate possesses exceptional analytical and communication skills needed for dealing with market participants regarding activity under review.
- The successful candidate should have at least 2 years of industry experience, ideally in financial services compliance, at a financial services regulator, exchange/trading venue or similar experience, with a good understanding of financial markets and trading.
- Proven experience working in a rapidly changing and complex work environment.
- Strong functional knowledge of trade surveillance and exception based monitoring.
- Substantial knowledge of financial/trading regulatory frameworks.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Resourceful, results oriented, self starter with the ability to persevere and overcome obstacles.
- Demonstrate a high level of initiative, analytical skills, and impeccable integrity.
- Digital Asset product and market structure knowledge is a plus.
- Tableau, Python, and SQL skills are a plus.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and
the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire