Employment Type: Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital
asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to
accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain
industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the
As an organization with deep roots and multiple teams based in the APAC
region, the role of APAC PR Director is an essential part of the global
Ranging from high growth markets and some more established markets, the APAC
region is highly-diverse.
The role will report directly to the VP Corporate Communications, and will be
responsible for ensuring cohesive, perpetual regional proactive media outreach
across the entire APAC region.
The successful candidate will also work with the global retained PR agency and
multiple local PR agencies.
The successful candidate will have 10+ years of experience as a global
communications leader for an internationally recognized technology or
financial company. The ideal candidate has the ability to manage complex
issues quickly and effectively with a proven record of building successful
This is a full-time remote position and location is flexible.
- Devising a cohesive and comprehensive PR plan across the region that supports both the regulatory compliance agenda and the product and tech thought-leadership objectives
- Lead and coordinate Binance’s in-country teams and PR agencies across the region to ensure alignment of message and first-class proactive news
- Act as counsel to Binance’s APAC country and business unit leads, which includes upscaling, expanding, and training a broader base of Binance spokespeople in the region.
- Provide communications leadership on a day-to-day basis to ensure that the global communications team follows-the-sun and is always-on to manage issues and crises as they arise
- Coordinate with local teams across the organization’s globally decentralized team to ensure a coherent regional and global story
- Seek out content and partnership opportunities to promote Binance’s thought leadership, including speaking engagements and platforms
- Upscale, expand, and train a broader base of Binance spokespeople
- Develop and manage internal and external communications strategy around issues and sensitivities, including positioning statements and reputation management
- Monitor new legislation and compliance trends, opportunities and stories across the globe in the cryptocurrency sector
- Develop crisis comms plans, holding statements and scenario planning for potential issues, including litigation, regulatory compliance, cybersecurity/breaches and more
- Superior communications skills; native or expert English speaker and writer
- In-depth knowledge of APAC media with deep understanding and relationships with key journalists.
- Experience advising C-suite executives on media relations and issues management
- Highly-effective team leader, with a proven track record in managing multi-country teams
- Experienced in managing a broad network of PR agencies
- Able to work autonomously with minimal supervision and strong follow up skills; proactive and collaborative
- Excellent project management and organizational skills; able to prioritize and work under pressure
- Works well in a fast-paced environment
Nice to have:
- Experience working with media/reporters, notably in the financial, business or cryptocurrency sector
- Experience in public policy or affairs and media
- Experience in working with China media
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and
the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire