Location: United Kingdom, London
Employment Type: Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital
asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to
accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain
industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the
We are currently looking to hire a Corporate Counsel focusing on the EMEA and
CIS regions. Tasks will focus on corporate/M&A with some commercial law
- Drive the development and implementation of group legal strategy and contribute to the development of the organization’s general business strategy.
- Provide proactive, in-depth, business focused advice and execution.
- Manage and assist with legal response to matters encountered by the company and internal stakeholders and provide sound and robust legal advice and support; and taking charge of external communication on legal matters including negotiation with external parties.
- Assist in transactional activities including M&A, majority and minority investments and joint ventures as well as restructurings in EMEA.
- Assist in negotiation of contracts for different business lines in the ecosystem, and support in a variety of transactional and corporate governance initiatives.
- Be responsible for drafting and reviewing legal documents and providing holistic risk assessment and suggestions to enhance business value while mitigating downside risk across multiple areas of the company.
- Partner with cross-functional and regional teams and provide support on legal matters of varying complexity, sensitivity, and tangibility.
- Provide legal business partner training and counsel non-Legal associates to enable stronger legal acumen across the company.
- Anticipate and maintain up-to-date knowledge of current laws relevant to your own substantive area to provide strategic advice and foster compliance.
- Identify legal framework developments, align and promote consistency of approach in legal matters between the internal stakeholders.
- Take prudent risks within the context of the overall business, and advise and implement solutions to address issues identified.
- Qualified lawyer of a commonwealth jurisdiction or in one of Europe's jurisdictions.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of post qualification experience working in-house at a reputable organisation.
- Strong team player and good business sense.
- Ideally trained in a reputable law firm within the corporate practice with a transactional focus, ie M&A/PE/VC.
- Restructuring and Fund Raising experience is also required.
- Possesses solid legal technical expertise as well as sound business and people judgement sense.
- Hands on at work and can be independent in managing complex projects.
- Can develop relevant and creative solutions to meet current and evolving business needs.
- Excellent legal drafting and interpretation skills.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and organisational skills.
- Sound interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English and ideally in an European language.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and
the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire