Employment Type: Full-time Onsite or Remote
Binance is the global blockchain company behind the world’s largest digital
asset exchange by trading volume and users, serving a greater mission to
accelerate cryptocurrency adoption and increase the freedom of money.
Are you looking to be a part of the most influential company in the blockchain
industry and contribute to the crypto-currency revolution that is changing the
Binance is looking for an experienced lawyer from a payments or financial
institutions background to continue to support Binance’s exponential growth
around the world.The role will require the candidate to have substantial
regulatory experience in the licensing space with the candidate having
undergone regulatory applications and taken them from beginning-to-end.
- Support Binance’s global efforts in considering, analysing and applying for any appropriate local approvals, authorisations or licenses.
- Responsible for developing and implementing the company’s strategic direction in this area.
- Handle regulatory approvals, authorisation and licenses including related analysis and applications.
- Support the business teams in the launch and development of new products and services - navigating between the commercial and regulatory worlds.
- Communicate with regulators and effectively develop those relationships.
- Qualified to practise law in a leading common-law jurisdiction preferred.
- Experience in the financial institutions or payments space with 5 to 8 years of relevant experience.
- Experience gained from a reputable global law firm together with relevant in-house experience.
- In-depth knowledge of financial products (including spot trading, margin trading, futures and options) and payments (credit card networks, FIAT channels, PSPs and wallets etc.).
- Active interest in the cryptocurrency industry and its development.
- Extensive financial product experience from initiation to launch is ideal.
- Possesses a very strong sense of team spirit and cross-functional collaboration.
- Demonstrate an ability to navigate a complex area of law with practical and actionable advice.
- Willing to get hands-on with challenges and help to have a leading-hand in shaping company decisions.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
- Fluency in Chinese (Mandarin) is a plus.
Working at Binance
• Do something meaningful; Be a part of the future of finance technology and
the no.1 company in the industry
• Fast moving, challenging and unique business problems
• International work environment and flat organisation
• Great career development opportunities in a growing company
• Possibility for relocation and international transfers mid-career
• Competitive salary
• Flexible working hours, Casual work attire