Location: New York
Employment Type: Full-time
About the Job:
Our commissary teams are dedicated to making delicious, sustainable and
creative food for guests with the highest-quality, regionally sourced
ingredients available. Currently, we’re on the search for an enthusiastic and
excellent Baker-Cook to support our commissary work.
This position is located out of of Bushwick Brooklyn facility.
**The schedule for this Full Time Job: **
Tuesday to Saturday, 7:00am-3:30pm
Sunday to Thursday, 7:00am-3:30pm
- Bring Blue Bottle recipes to life every day, following the recipes and methods prescribed to ensure our food is consistently delicious
- High volume baking, cooking and prep with a high attention to detail, maintaining an ongoing awareness of ingredients as our recipes change with seasons and menu updates
- Portion, package and pack out our culinary creations with incredible care and attention to detail, ensuring that orders are ready by packout deadlines and deliveries match retail orders
- Support your teammates in keeping the kitchen running smoothly by communicating effectively, collaborating and pitching in wherever is needed
- Ensure your station and equipment are in tip-top shape, always cleaning as you go
- Ensure sanitation practices are upheld to protect our culinary creations and guests
- Always utilize FIFO (First In, First Out) and proper storage of food products
- Thrive in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Work in a close physical space with your teammates
- Arrive on time and ready for your shift, and always work efficiently
- Monitor inventory and collaborate with Commissary Lead and Leader to ensure accuracy and availability of supplies
- Enthusiastic about your work and the world of delicious culinary creations, you can’t wait to learn more and grow with us
- Obsessed with the details and following directions in order to execute consistently
- Reliable and consistent; your manager and teammates can always depend on you to be punctual and dedicated
- Delightful to work with and have a sense of humor and infectious ‘can-do’ attitude, you’re serious about your work but don’t take yourself too seriously
- 2+ years of experience working in a professional kitchen
- A thorough understanding of how to safely, responsibly use and clean equipment
- Food Handler's Certification or certification within 30 days post-hire
- A deep love for food, exceptional customer experiences, and great coffee
- The ability to read and speak English proficiently
- Basic math and writing skills
- Laminate baking experience a plus
- This role is a physical one and the physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met for a team member to be successful in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job which we’ve mapped out below.
- The ability to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time (at least 8 hours per day and 5 days per week)
- The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm
- The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The ability to squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders
- The ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The ability to listen and speak
- The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps and uneven floor and/or surfaces as needed
- The ability to have close visual acuity to perform repetitive visual checking, counting, spotting small defects, determine accuracy of numbers and package
- The ability to smell and taste
A few benefits we offer
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
At Blue Bottle, you’ll be critical to guests enjoying delicious coffee. We aim
to provide delightful hospitality to everyone who visits us, in-person or
online. If you’re ready to help bring amazing products to life, please apply
and join us.
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind,
dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these
qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s
qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in
the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may
be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result
in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale,
or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with
employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S.
We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and
completed the Form I-9.
Blue Bottle requires that all of its team members are fully vaccinated (i.e.,
at least 14 days after the final dose of a Covid-19 vaccine) by the start of
their first day of work, unless they qualify for an accommodation/exemption
for medical, disability, or religious reasons.