Location: Southern California
Employment Type: Full-time
About the job
Currently, our commissary spaces are abuzz launching new menu items to take
our food aspirations to a whole new level of deliciousness.
The Dishwasher and Prep Cook is a critical member of the commissary team,
supporting our efforts by washing dishes and cleaning a variety of spaces and
equipment to maintain a clean, comfortable, functional, and friendly
environment for both our commissary. They also support food preparation for
our bakers and cooks.
This is an entry-level, hourly position based out of our beautiful SoCal
Commissary production facility in Los Angeles.
- Wash and sanitize kitchen equipment, small wares, and utensils
- Clean, sanitize, sweep, and mop the kitchen area
- Refill and restock ingredients as necessary
- Take out the trash, compost, and recycling
- Execute food production, carefully preparing seasonal and high-quality ingredients with integrity. This includes but is not limited to: slicing, chopping, sauteing, roasting, and other forms of food preparation and cooking
- Portion, package, and pack out our culinary creations with incredible care and attention to detail, ensuring that deliveries match retail orders and meet deadlines
- Support your teammates in keeping the kitchen running smoothly by communicating with your team and pitching in wherever is needed (including both savory and pastry assistance)
- Always work cleanly, keeping your station and equipment in tip-top shape
- Extremely reliable and consistent: your leader and teammates can always depend on you to be punctual, tidy, dedicated, and bringing your A-game
- Serious about your work but don’t take yourself too seriously
- Delightful to work with, you have a sense of humor and an infectious ‘can-do’ attitude
- Excited to contribute and eager to learn and grow with us
- A love and appreciation for delicious coffee and food
- The ability to work five days per week, including at least one weekend day
- The ability to read and speak English proficiently
- Basic math and writing skills
- This role is a physical one and the physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met for a team member to be successful in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job which we’ve mapped out below.
- The ability to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time (at least 8 hours per day and 5 days per week)
- The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm
- The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The ability to squat, bend, twist, and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders
- The ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The ability to listen and speak
- The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps, and uneven floor and/or surfaces as needed
- The ability to have close visual acuity to perform repetitive visual checking, counting, spotting small defects, determine the accuracy of numbers, and package
- The ability to smell and taste
A few benefits we offer
- Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off
- Free drinks at any of our cafes
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
At Blue Bottle Coffee, you’ll be a vital part of our guests’ experience and a
crucial link in delivering the most delicious coffee we can find to every
person who walks through our doors, be it in person or online. If you’re ready
to bring beautiful and thoughtfully rendered experiences to life, please apply
and join us.
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind,
dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these
qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s
qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in
the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may
be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result
in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale,
or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with
employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S.
We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and
completed the Form I-9.
Blue Bottle requires that all of its team members are fully vaccinated (i.e.,
at least 14 days after the final dose of a Covid-19 vaccine) by the start of
their first day of work, unless they qualify for an accommodation/exemption
for medical, disability, or religious reasons.