Location: New York
Employment Type: Full-time
Are you interested in being a part of an exciting new cafe opening!? We’re
hiring talented coffee and customer service enthusiasts for a new cafe opening
up in the Tribeca area of NYC!
A Blue Bottle Shift Lead is part of the cafe’s leadership team. They lead the
team to consistently deliver great hospitality and coffee experiences while
maintaining cafe standards and achieving business goals.
A Shift Lead ensures that everything in the cafe is operating smoothly during
their shifts, from the front of the house to the back of the house. They
support the success of the team and cafe by ensuring that the right people are
in the right places at the right time and that Blue Bottle standards are
upheld. They create a learning environment in the cafe, inspiring and
motivating their fellow teammates to always improve.
A Shift Lead is an influential team leader but does not have direct reports.
*Please note, that the anticipated start date is June 20, 2022.
- Be a role model to your fellow team members, setting the standard for everything you do—and striving constantly to do it better
- Lead your shift by ensuring the right people are in the right places and that the team is giving exceptional hospitality and executing every beverage and food item according to Blue Bottle standards
- Assist with training new hires and training current team members on new beverage and food offerings
- Guide completion of operational tasks and adherence to Blue Bottle standards and safety guidelines
- Provide timely and consistent feedback to your team to inspire continuous improvement in workflow, hospitality, and product quality
- Lead your team in actively working to reach our company-wide sustainability goals
- Continuously cultivate your own curiosity and knowledge of coffee through in-house tastings, cuppings, and trainings
- Prepare delicious beverages and food to quality standards
- Promote a safe and respectful working environment
- Uphold and follow all health, food safety, and safety guidelines
- A leader who is passionate about training and helping to develop a team
- Aware of your impact on others and seek regular feedback to continually improve
- A strong communicator who can provide impactful and motivating feedback to improve the team’s beverage, food, and hospitality delivery
- Always curious, you are excited about finding new ways to delight our guests
- Savvy with your resources, with the ability to make decisions and problem-solve
- Dedicated to your team and your guests—you understand and value empathy and use it to guide interactions on and off the job
- Passionate about the planet and creating a sustainable future for our people, the company, and our planet
- Eligible to work in the United States and 18 years of age or older
- 6 months - 1 year of supervisory experience or experience leading a team
- Completed Blue Bottle’s Barista Essentials training and validation program or will complete it within 90 days post-hire
- Existing Food Safety Certification required for the state you will be working in and your specific role or will obtain it within 30 days post-hire
- Basic math and computer skills
- A flexible schedule and are available to work mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
A few benefits we offer
- Comprehensive Health, dental, and vision coverage for eligible employees starting on your first day
- Best-in-class coffee training and continuing education
- Free membership into Specialty Coffee Association of America and discounts on events (including Expos and Championships)
- 401(k) plan
- Paid time off & paid volunteer hours
- Free drinks at any of our cafes
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle whole beans, food items and merchandise
- Flexible spending account & commuter benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Starting at $17.00 per hour + an average of up to $6 per hour in tips or more and an opportunity to earn an additional $1 an hour if the cafe hits sales every month (paid out quarterly)
Our Shift Lead position is a dynamic one! Below we’ve mapped out the
physical demands that are essential to the role:
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time. You’re on your feet the majority of the day, whether you are standing behind bar pulling shots or walking the cafe floor
- Use of hands to reach, grip, turn and perform precision work. You’re using your hands to operate beautiful espresso machines, pour delicious pour-overs, and operate the register (among other responsibilities)
- As needed squat, bend, twist, and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders. For example, you may have to bend down or reach up to grab cups, lids and towels
- Ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds. For example, you’ll be handling bags of coffee beans, coffee kegs, crates of milk, tub of dishes and trash bins
- Climb ladders, stairs, ramps, and uneven floor and/or surfaces as needed. For example, climb on a step stool to change menu slacks, go up and downstairs and ramps to storage areas
- Ability to smell and taste. You’re tasting and smelling coffee and food, helping ensure quality control for each cup and plate
- Ability to listen and speak. You’re listening and speaking with our guests to guide and create experiences
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind,
dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these
qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s
qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in
the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and provide reasonable accommodations that allow
qualified applicants/employees to perform the essential functions of the job.
We also provide reasonable religious accommodations to applicants/employees to
allow them to practice their bona fide religious beliefs. To request an
accommodation, contact your People Partner.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result
in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale,
or if doing so could other create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with
employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S.
We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and
completed the Form I-9.
Blue Bottle requires that all of its team members are fully vaccinated (i.e.,
at least 14 days after the final dose of a Covid-19 vaccine) by the start of
their first day of work, unless they qualify for an accommodation/exemption
for medical, disability, or religious reasons.