Employment Type: Full-time
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate and growing team of hundreds around the
world, united by the simple purpose of connecting the world to delicious
coffee. We roast on three coasts, make delicious drinks, clean up after
ourselves, bake cookies, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you.
We’re an impossibly eclectic group of coffee experts, artists, writers,
sensory scientists, bakers, designers, and all-around dreamers, who also
happen to be some of the most hard-working and talented in the business. Join
About the job
Blue Bottle Coffee is looking for an R&D expert in coffee, coffee drinks, and
non-coffee beverage product innovations to support Cafés and CPG products'
business growth. By cooperating with global teams and cross-functional
departments, manages the entire workflow of NPD/new technology development,
including but are not limited to concept development, formula and process
development, product stability test, coffee equipment testing, new coffee
technology innovation, etc.
- Gathers, analyzes, and maintains new product information and industry trend; conducts idea generation sessions to initiate the creation of new coffee, beverage concepts, and final products. Ability to transfer concepts into finished prototypes
- Cooperate with global R&D teams, China Café, and cross-functional teams to ensure new products launch success with business objectives achieved in China
- Analyze global products’ ingredients and technologies, identify key technical hurdles and made adjustment basing on local resources and needs
- Designs and conducts experiments and tests, including sensory/consumer testing recommendations, plant trials and in-market testing to deliver project requirements
- Support the commercialization phase of projects by developing coffee, beverage products and process specifications for selected prototypes. And coordinate Supply Chain and Quality Assurance to meet initial quality assurance, safety and risk assessment requirements and commercial launching
- Organizes and directs work activities. Establish key technical performance indicators/milestone and SMART measures to ensure progress to commercialization and implementation consistent with project timelines
- Develop and maintain key industry relationships. Manage suppliers to ensure products are produced in accordance with Blue Bottle Coffee standards and disciplines
- Strategic, innovative, proactive and a problem solver
- A good communicator, ability to simplify complex issues
- Able to establish collaborative relationships within and out of the company
- Being result-driven and able to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Passionate for coffee
- 7+ years NPD coffee product innovation experience in food service or related industries is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science or Chemical Engineering
- Knowledge of coffee, beverage-related technology, ingredient, equipment and engineering
- Knowledge of coffee product development and scaling up
- Knowledge of quality assurance principles and food safety requirements
- Excellent communication and cross-functional team cooperation skills
- Good ownership, excellent projects management skills
- Proficiency in written and spoken Mandarin and English
At Blue Bottle, you’ll be critical to guests enjoying delicious food and
coffee just days after it’s roasted. We aim to provide delightful hospitality
to everyone who visits us, in-person or online.
To be considered for employment, please be sure to upload your CV in English.
We can’t wait to meet you!