Location: Northern California
Employment Type: Part-time
Blue Bottle Coffee is a passionate and growing team of hundreds around the
world, united by the simple purpose of connecting the world to delicious
coffee. We roast on four coasts, make delicious drinks, clean up after
ourselves, bake cookies, get change at the bank, and say please and thank you.
We’re an impossibly eclectic group of coffee experts, artists, writers,
sensory scientists, bakers, designers, and all-around dreamers, who also
happen to be some of the most hard-working and talented in the business. Join
About the Job
We’re looking for a stellar seasonal team members to support our efforts in
bringing delicious Blue Bottle NOLA and Cold Brew to guests everywhere. You’ll
be instrumental to getting our delicious coffee brewed, kegged, canned,
packaged and loaded and building up our brewing facility in West Berkeley.
- Work the canning line efficiently and effectively (cleaning it, packing out the cans and handling product coming off the actual filler)
- Label and organize coffee and packaging with diligence and care, ensuring we are packing to perfection
- Assemble, pack, label and stage boxes for delivery
- Clean, maintain, upkeep and troubleshoot equipment daily
- Participate in weekly deep cleaning and machine maintenance, reporting any issues encountered so your team can stay ahead of machinery malfunctions
- Always leave your station and the warehouse in impeccable shape: sweeping, organizing, and cleaning the floor after each production run
- Support your team members as needed in keeping production running smoothly
- Follow and support all Food Safety and Good Manufacturing Practices rules and regulations.
- Obsessed with the details
- A troubleshooter, you love tinkering and optimizing equipment and process to find the best solution
- Highly professional, you’re serious about your work but don’t take yourself too seriously
- Delightful to work with and have a sense of humor and infectious ‘can-do’ attitude
- Reliable and consistent, your team can always depend on you to be punctual, dedicated and bringing your A-game
- Comfortable operating machinery and lifting up to 50 lbs as part of your work on a daily basis
- A deep love and respect for delicious coffee, food and exceptional guest experiences
- The ability to read and speak English proficiently
- Basic math and writing skills
- This role is a physical one and the physical demands outlined below are representative of those that must be met for a team member to be successful in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job which we’ve mapped out below.
- The ability to stand, walk, sit for long periods of time (at least 8 hours per day and 5 days per week)
- The use of hands to handle or feel and the ability to reach with hands and arm
- The ability to stoop, kneel, or crouch
- The ability to squat, bend, twist and reach for items below waist level or above shoulders
- The ability to lift, push/pull, carry and/or move up to 50 pounds
- The ability to listen and speak
- The ability to climb ladders, stairs, ramps, and uneven floor and/or surfaces as needed
- The ability to have close visual acuity to perform repetitive visual checking, counting, spotting small defects, determine the accuracy of numbers and package
- The ability to work inside enclosed, close quarters of a brewery tank which is required for tank maintenance and cleaning
A few benefits we offer
- Free drinks at any of our cafes and a complimentary bag of beans to take home each week
- Discounts on any Blue Bottle food items and merchandise
At Blue Bottle Coffee, you’ll be a vital part of our guests’ experience and a
crucial link in delivering the most delicious coffee we can find to every
person who walks through our doors, be it in person or online. If you’re ready
to bring beautiful and thoughtfully rendered experiences to life, please apply
and join us.
Blue Bottle is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value an open mind,
dedication to work, and a collaborative spirit. We hire based on these
qualities, a job’s requirements, our business’s needs, and an applicant’s
qualifications. We do not tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind—in
the hiring process or in the workplace.
We comply with the ADA and consider reasonable accommodation measures that may
be necessary for eligible applicants/employees to perform essential functions.
We may refuse to hire relatives of present employees if doing so could result
in actual or potential problems in supervision, security, safety, or morale,
or if doing so could create conflicts of interest.
We will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and
We participate in E-Verify. We will provide the federal government with
employees’ Form I-9 information to confirm authorization to work in the U.S.
We will only use E-Verify once an employee has accepted a job offer and
completed the Form I-9.
Blue Bottle requires that all of its team members are fully vaccinated (i.e.,
at least 14 days after the final dose of a Covid-19 vaccine) by the start of
their first day of work, unless they qualify for an accommodation/exemption
for medical, disability, or religious reasons.