Location: Kingston, JM
Employment Type: Full-time
Hi, We're Centerfield.
Centerfield is a cutting-edge digital marketing and sales technology company headquartered in the heart of Silicon Beach with additional offices in New York, Boston, Florida, and Jamaica. Our growing organization continues to impact the AdTech space by providing end-to- end customer acquisition services and analytics for our high-profile clients, while also successfully tailoring every step of the customer's shopping experience.
How do we do this? Centerfield develops intelligent Big Data driven marketing and sales technology which drives more than two million sales each year for brands such as AT&T, Sprint, ADT, Spectrum, and CenturyLink. Our technology platform, Dugout, combined with our leading consumer guides and 1500 person sales and retention center deliver new customers at scale to top residential services, business services, and telecommunications brands worldwide.
We’re always interested in expanding our team with top talent. Our creative work environment allows for innovative ideas and encourages a collaborative team culture... make sure to check out our perks below!
We are looking for a qualified experienced human resource professional who works directly with HR and operations to closely support the administering of company polices. The HR BP is responsible for administering the Code of conduct provisions regarding the maintenance of quality assurance, performance and attendance within the company. As well as oversee the implementation of a system for monitoring the attendance and discipline for employees. The goal is to ensure the HR the industrial relations process will be running smoothly and effectively to deliver maximum value to the organization as a whole.
** Duties & Responsibilities**
· Ensure operational HR & IR activities and processes are correctly followed
· Ensure employees are held accountable to the Code of Conduct & Discipline
· Create, Administer and Document Disciplinary Actions/reprimands
· Draft and issue corrective action disciplinary documents
· Actively support line managers in addressing employee’s breaches and challenges in conduct.
· Ensure the timely reporting of employee infractions and consequences in accordance with policy.
· Use discipline data to inform HR practices and professional development.
· Be fair, efficient, decisive, thorough and supportive of employee development
· Works tirelessly to reduce the frequency and severity of employee infractions
· Consult with line management and provide daily HR guidance
· Provide Coaching about HR matters
· Analyze trends and metrics with the HR department
· Resolve complex employee relations issues and address grievances
· Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
· Provide HR policy guidance
· Identify training needs for teams and individuals
· Be up-to-date on employment laws and regulations, as well as other legal requirements regarding people management, to help leaders ensure compliance
· Provide guidance on the creation and implementation of HR processes and policies
· Ensure disciplinary documentation is placed on the personal file appropriately.
· Presence at hearings and appeals, where necessary.
· Liaises with IR & HR practitioners to keep abreast of new developments and best practices to provide guidance as requested
· Liaises Quality Department on investigations into allegations of misconduct, in order to ensure effective follow-up
· Provides input for the development of various process, monitoring and control mechanisms to facilitate coordination, implementation and evaluation of conduct and discipline activities.
· Data management and tracking of all forms of misconduct; develops systems to monitor the implementation and effectiveness of HR efforts to address and prevent misconduct.
· Ensures the consistent application of policies, procedures, and guidelines related to various aspects of conduct and discipline work; identifies problems and issues to be addressed and proposes corrective actions; liaises with relevant parties; identifies and tracks follow-up actions; produces progress and briefing reports.
· Carries out regular reporting functions (e.g. quarterly reports to senior management containing statistical analyses on conduct and discipline activities and recommendations resulting from the analyses, etc.); organizes and prepares written outputs,
· Engages in day-to-day coordination of activities with other HR Officers
· Performs other duties as required.
_ **Qualifications **_
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or relevant studies
· Minimum of three (3) years Human Resources related work experience in a fast-paced environment
_ Skills and Qualities_
A successful candidate will demonstrate that s/he:
· Highest ethical standards, professional integrity, and ability to maintain confidentiality
· Excellent written, verbal, and computer skills.
· Strong time management, organizational skills, attention to detail, and follow-through
· Is effective in a team-oriented environment
· Outstanding knowledge of Office 365 suite and other HRIS systems
· Excellent people management skills
· Excellent Investigation skills
· Excellent Communication, planning and organizing skills
· Counselling and conflict management skills
· Analytical and goal oriented
· Demonstrable experience with HR metrics
· Thorough knowledge of employment/labor laws
· Full understanding of all HR functions and best practices
· Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; Remains calm in stressful situations;
· Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
· Accountability: Takes ownership of all responsibilities and honours commitments; Delivers outputs for which one has responsibility within prescribed time, cost and quality standards; Operates in compliance with organizational regulations and rules; Supports subordinates, provides oversight and takes responsibility for delegated assignments; Takes personal responsibility for his/her own shortcomings and those of the work unit, where applicable.
· Judgement/Decision-making: Identifies the key issues in a complex situation, and comes to the heart of the problem quickly; Gathers relevant information before making a decision; Considers positive and negative impacts of decisions prior to making them; Takes decisions with an eye to the impact on others and on the Organization; Proposes a course of action or makes a recommendation based on all available information; Checks assumptions against facts; Determines that the actions proposed will satisfy the expressed and underlying needs for the decision; Makes tough decisions when necessary.
**To learn more, visit usHere. **
Interviews will take place after resumes have been screened for minimum requirements. Please note that this position is not restricted solely to the responsibilities listed above and that the job scope and responsibilities are subject to change.
_Centerfield Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law. _