Location: Los Angeles, CA or Remote
Employment Type: Full-time
ChowNow’s vision is to become the leading North American platform connecting
diners and independent restaurants for at-home dining. The ChowNow Platform
continues to grow its product offerings and bring restaurants and diners
closer together. Our marketplace provides a commission-free ordering for
restaurants nationwide and diners with an ever-growing selection of
independent restaurants. Our demand network provides diners with the ability
to order where they’re already online, including Google, Yelp, Instagram,
Snap, and many others. And our white-labeled online ordering system provides
restaurants with a branded experience for diners on their website and their
own iOS and Android apps for a reasonable monthly fee regardless of order
volume. To date, we’ve created over 20,000 apps for our restaurant partners –
something that’s never been done before in our category. We operate this way
because of our belief in being fair, sustainable, and equitable with our
restaurant partners and the same goes for our culture.
Diversity, teamwork, and mutual respect are among our core company values. We
pride ourselves on giving our teams plenty of opportunities to make their
mark. As we expand to new markets, while scaling responsibly, those
opportunities to create, build, and grow will only increase.
Join us and help ensure ChowNow becomes the diner’s first choice for socially
responsible online ordering. Together we can preserve neighborhood flavor, one
restaurant at a time.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
As a member of the Team DnA (Data and Analytics), you will be responsible for
developing, building, and implementing capabilities to enable marketing
strategies through the use of marketing technology products. You will optimize
ChowNow’s marketing technology infrastructure through process building,
implementation and enablement, systems integration, governance and roadmap
development. You will partner with marketing teams to strategize and deploy
innovative, high-impact marketing campaigns. In addition, you will partner and
collaborate with key functional teams to build a world class Marketing
Systems, Analytics, and Science platform leveraging technology, data, models,
and experiments to power data-informed decisions, drive impact, and build the
future of Marketing at ChowNow.
This is a remote position based in one of our employee hubs of Los Angeles,
San Francisco, Austin, Atlanta, NYC, Kansas City, or Chicago
WHAT WE LOVE ABOUT YOU:
You put restaurants first. You deeply understand the importance of local
restaurants and put them at the center of everything you do. You aim to help
them not only survive but thrive.
You celebrate diversity. You recognize that diversity and inclusivity
matter. You’re committed to progress, which means everyone gets the support
and resources they need, no matter who they are. You have an ability to
listen to other team members' ideas and can thrive in an environment that
embraces individuality. Everyone’s voice counts.
You raise your hand. You consistently go above and beyond what is asked
of you. You help your peers accomplish their tasks while also excelling at
accomplishing your own. When you have a smart idea, you raise your hand and
You keep reaching. You set clear ambitious goals. You don’t allow
yourself to become complacent with where you’re at and what you’ve done, so
you seek out new opportunities and challenges.
**WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE: **
- Partner across marketing and technical teams to enable technology to drive marketing initiatives.
- Operate and administer marketing technology products and provide training and support to marketing staff to facilitate best practice usage of marketing technology to support company goals.
- Drive and configure the integration of marketing technology products with other operational and data systems and monitor and act on integration errors.
- Research and recommend new marketing technology products and partner with the product team to inform build vs buy strategies.
- Monitor data quality within marketing technology products and operational/data systems.
WITHIN 30 DAYS YOU WILL:
- Progress through our Ramp Camp (ChowNow’s New Hire Onboarding Experience)
- Familiarize yourself with the company’s marketing technology tools
- Meet with key stakeholders and team members across Marketing, DnA & Product to better understand our vision and opportunities to make an impact with marketing systems, data, analytics, and data science
WITHIN 3 MONTHS, YOU WILL:
- Setup, onboard and integrate referral partner tool with Marketing, Operational and Data Systems
- Audit, inventory and document all existing marketing technology products with their description, purpose, use cases, and system integrations and provide recommendations on optimization, consolidation, and/or migration to new tools as needed
- Partner with key stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve processes, and leverage systems and tools to enable scalable execution of marketing initiatives
WITHIN 6 MONTHS, YOUJ WILL:
- Effectively communicate learnings and assessment of the marketing technology audit and provide recommendations to drive impactful improvements aimed at increasing capabilities, increasing efficiency and/or reducing costs
- Implementation and integration of audiences between our customer data platform and ad platforms to deploy targeted consumer marketing spend
- Identify, design, and execute on marketing technology projects aimed at finding the best solution to critical business problems
YOU SHOULD APPLY IF:
- You are effective at collaborating with cross-functional teams and communicating with leadership across various departments
- You can demonstrate your ability to advise SaaS B2B or B2C Marketing teams on the use of marketing technologies and their applications to scale performance marketing operations and strategies to deliver real business value by achieving customer acquisition and retention goals
- You are proficient in marketing technology platforms, with hands-on experience administering Marketing Automation Platforms and CRM systems such as Marketo, Salesforce, HubSpot, Eloqua, Braze or Iterable
- You have experience with Customer Data Platform (CDP) such as mParticle, Segment, Bloomreach, or Klaviyo
- You have experience with Mobile Measurement Platform (MMP) tools such as Branch, AppsFlyer, Kochava, or Adjust
- You have experience in various integration patterns (API, Batch, Event) to/from Marketing Technology Products and operational/data systems.
- You have experience managing and integrating web and mobile app analytics tools, tag management platforms, and social and ad platforms such as Google Analytics, Heap, Mixpanel, Google Tag Manager, Google Ads, and Facebook/Instagram Ads
- You have experience evaluating and managing multiple vendors in the marketing technology landscape
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong SQL skills, experience with relational databases like Snowflake or Redshift and programming experience in Python is highly preferred but not required
ABOUT OUR BENEFITS
- Competitive salary
- Ongoing training and growth opportunities.
- A "Best Place to Work" winner multiple times where we focus on creating a great employee experience.
- A remote-first culture and up to $450 office equipment reimbursement to enable you to do your best work by setting up your home office.
- Rock solid medical, dental, and vision plans.
- Mental Health Coverage - we offer several programs to support your mental health and wellness goals.
- 3 weeks paid vacation; paid holidays; we expect you to work hard, but still enjoy your personal life
- 7 weeks of baby bonding time for all new parents (within the first year of birth or adoption), 8 Weeks of Paid Pregnancy Leave.
- 401(k) Matching
- Employer-contributing student loan assistance program.
- Commuter benefits (including Uber Pool).
- Employee Stock Incentive Plan.
- Pet insurance for your fur babies
- Quarterly Tech Events (Women, LGBTQ, Diversity, Inclusion).
- Consistent & fair leadership: we’ll share info, set clear goals, show you respect, and treat everyone fairly.
- Enough freedom to spread your wings while still holding you accountable.
- Fully stocked kitchen and cold brew on tap in our satellite offices.
ChowNow takes the health and safety of our team seriously and requires all
employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to starting work. We
strongly believe that this is the best way to protect our employees, families,
clients, and communities. All requests for accommodations will be considered.
As one of ChowNow’s core values, “Celebrates Diversity”, we are committed to
an inclusive and diverse work environment. ChowNow is an equal opportunity
employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry,
national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression,
sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
marital status or any legally protected status. We are committed to
developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment, if you
require any accommodation, please let us know at your earliest convenience and
we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Read here about
your California privacy rights.