Location: Remote (US Only)
Employment Type: Full-time
Clearbit provides real-time intelligence on all the accounts (and decision
markers) in your target market and provides the necessary solutions to help
you create demand, capture intent and optimize pipeline. Today, Clearbit
powers more than 1,500 of the world’s most successful B2B companies, including
Asana, Segment, and Atlassian.
We're a high-growth SaaS company full of can-do, kind people who care about
craft, collaboration, and our customers. We have aggressive growth plans for
2022 and beyond. With a bias for action — we are moving fast.
This belief in meaningful growth extends to our employees. We invest in
personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional
intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological
safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness, so it's easier to take creative
risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself.
Your teammates will push you (kindly) to grow and ask for the same in return.
About the Role:
Clearbit is seeking a creative, strategically-minded, and self-reliant
Customer Marketing Manager to engage and delight our customers. In this role,
you'll focus on evangelizing our customers and their stories, delivering
customer education, and converting customers into raving advocates. You will
build strong relationships with our customers and work directly with sales,
customer success and marketing teams to identify cross-sell and up-sell
opportunities, increase loyalty, and retention.
This is a unique and highly visible role with a focus on creative marketing
and excellent communication skills. You will act as a liaison between
customers and the rest of the organization. At Clearbit, we believe customer
marketing plays a critical role in our growth strategy,
You will report to the VP of Marketing, and work closely with key stakeholders
across Marketing, Sales, Partnerships and Customer Success.
If you’re excited by the idea of building a critical, new motion from the
ground up, and driving the success of Clearbit through the success of our
customers, this is the role for you!
As the Customer Marketing Manager, your strategic responsibilities will
- Establishing our customer marketing program. You’ll be on the ground floor of defining what “customer marketing” means at Clearbit
- Building rapport with customers to increase renewals, referrals, and cross-sell and upsell opportunities
- Defining and establishing strategic programs such as a customer reference program or customer advisory board.
- Leading and managing customer engagement and communication programs, such as in-person/virtual events, workshops, annual conferences, awards programs, onboarding and ongoing nurture campaigns
- Connecting with customers to ensure continued education and success throughout the relationship lifecycle
- Identifying key customers that can act as a marketing channel through case studies, speaking opportunities, etc.
- Help marketing and sales meet business objectives through customer advocacy initiatives
Your tactical responsibilities will include:
- Compose and send customer emails
- Manage and maintain engagement and advocacy programs; continually recruit new customer advocates
- Manage a library of up-to-date customer success stories
- Manage annual/biannual/quarterly customer satisfaction surveys to drive change throughout the organization
- Develop a customer lifecycle campaign program and work with marketing operations to implement
- Create special marketing content for account management/customer success to help at-risk customers with training
- Target happy customers for upsell, cross-sell, and advocacy opportunities
- Provide product feedback given by advocates to the Product Management team
- Measure performance of customer marketing activities and initiatives
You'll be set up for success if:
- You’re resourceful, energetic and personable. You’re eager to dive in, talk to people, do research, and build strong relationships. You like to ask questions like "what if?" and "how can we make this work?"
- Strategically minded. You see the big picture, and love proving ROI through increasing referrals, cross-sell/upsell opportunities, retention, and loyalty.
- You have creative muscles. You know how to engage and motivate advocates with top-notch communication skills and out-of-the-box thinking.
- You nerd out (at least a little) about marketing technology. You're familiar with (and maybe have some strong opinions on) the general landscape of tooling around paid acquisition and demand generation — and the opportunity to work with Clearbit products is intriguing to you.
- You live to provide value to customers. You enjoy building relationships and delighting customers. You go above and beyond to turn regular customers into raving advocates.
- You thrive when able to self-direct. You’re looking to work in an environment where you’ll have plenty of autonomy and be held accountable for the impact you make. Excellent project management skills are a must.
Don’t meet 100% of the criteria, but think you can do the job? We’d love to
chat anyway! We’re on a mission to build diverse teams, and studies have shown
that women and folks from marginalized communities are less likely to apply to
jobs if they don’t check every box.
We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin,
your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and
every other belief and characteristic that make you YOU. The more inclusive we
are, the better we — and our work — will be.
Clearbit is an equal opportunity employer.