Location: Remote (US Only)
Employment Type: Full-time
At Clearbit, we help our customers build unstoppable growth engines. Our
products enable businesses to understand their customers, generate demand, act
on intent, and increase conversions all the way down the funnel. Today,
Clearbit powers more than 1,500 B2B companies including Asana, Segment, and
We're a high-growth SaaS company full of can-do, kind people who care about
craft, collaboration, and our customers. We have aggressive growth plans for
2022 and beyond. With a bias for action — we are moving fast.
This belief in meaningful growth extends to our employees. We invest in
personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional
intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological
safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness, so it's easier to take creative
risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself.
Your teammates will push you (kindly) to grow and ask for the same in return.
Clearbit is seeking a talented Corporate Development & Ventures professional
to support growth through M&A and new strategic opportunities. We are looking
for an innovative and strategic thinker who is passionate about Clearbit and
the future of MarTech/RevTech (and the role data and intelligence plays in
it). The ideal candidate enjoys solving complex problems, works effectively
with cross-functional teams, and thrives in a fast-paced setting that is
constantly evolving. Superb negotiation skills are essential.
This role includes managing relationships that may be unconventional in
nature, need a centralized advocate, and have broad implications across
Clearbit. You will report to and collaborate with the Head of Strategic
Initiatives and partner closely with executives across the business to
understand and positively influence the growth strategy of the business.
We're looking for someone who is:
- A collaborative and resourceful problem solver who’s consistent under pressure and comfortable with ambiguity and fluid situations
- A skilled creative, strategic and analytical thinker who enjoys deconstructing and solving complicated challenges and generating data-driven recommendations
- A relationship builder who can communicate effectively and build trust externally with management teams, bankers, VC, etc. and internally with Clearbit leaders
- An accountable contributor delivering high-quality work with a keen attention to detail
- A “relentlessly resourceful” operator who can navigate roadblocks and deliver results
What you'll own:
- Identify market trends that will drive acquisition opportunities and build a robust pipeline of acquisition targets aligned with our company strategy
- Work closely with business leaders to support the formulation and iteration of our M&A strategy and other major strategic initiatives
- Build financial and valuation models to evaluate acquisition opportunities
- Partner with functional leaders across the organization to lead due diligence
- Prepare strategic and competitive intelligence reports for board meetings, the executive team and for competitive intelligence insights
- Present findings and recommendation to the CEO and Executive Leadership team
- Clearly communicate compelling insights, storylines and recommendations through a variety of mediums (verbal, slide, email, etc)
Experience and attributes you'll need:
- Expert in building a robust storyline and recommendation
- Experience building financial and valuation models, doing market research and performing diligence on companies, preferably within SaaS and technology (i.e., experience in consulting, investment banking, or PE/VC)A thorough understanding of SaaS and familiarity with key SaaS performance metrics
- A track record of high achievement in fast-paced, evolving and ambiguous environments
- Enthusiasm for the work and Clearbit’s mission, vision and values
- Well-organized, self-starter and able to manage multiple projects with limited supervision
- Effective communication skills with technical team members as well as functions across the business. Able to distill sophisticated ideas into straightforward language.
Working at Clearbit:
- Working at Clearbit:
- We invest in personal and team growth, valuing constructive feedback, and emotional intelligence. We aim to maintain a working environment of psychological safety, where vulnerability is not a weakness, so that it's easier to take creative risks, re-define what’s possible, and grow into the best version of yourself. Your teammates will push you to grow (kindly) and ask for the same in return.
- Building a company takes a physical and mental toll, which is why we think it's incredibly important to make sure that we provide benefits that focus on physical and mental health.
- Our benefits include:- Competitive salary and meaningful equity- Health, dental, and vision for you and your family- Paid parental leave- Mental health resources, coaching and therapy sessions- 401(K)- Education benefits.
Don’t meet 100% of the criteria, but think you can do the job? We’d love to
chat anyway! We’re on a mission to build diverse teams, and studies have shown
that women and folks from marginalized communities are less likely to apply to
jobs if they don’t check every box.
We value and celebrate how you identify, who you love, the color of your skin,
your age (at heart and on paper), the gods you do or don't believe in, and
every other belief and characteristic that make you YOU. The more inclusive we
are, the better we — and our work — will be.
Clearbit is an equal opportunity employer.