Location: Waltham, MA (Hybrid)
Employment Type: Full Time
connectRN is the leading nurse-centric platform that is reinventing the way
nurses and other healthcare professionals are finding work. By leveraging
technology, connectRN connects the nursing community to flexible work
opportunities and each other to build a supportive and thriving network. The
platform offers career development resources and flexible shift offerings for
nurses, while alleviating staffing shortages at healthcare facilities.
connectRN is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts and serves clinicians
across the U.S. To learn more about connectRN, please please visit
We are looking to hire a Director of Cloud Infrastructure and DevOps to
enhance, manage, and automate our AWS cloud infrastructure. Reporting directly
to our COO, this Director of Cloud Infrastructure and Devops will contribute
to scaling up our platform and help implement the next level of robustness
into our Cloud Infrastructure.
- Own connectRN’s codebase, core infrastructure, tooling and deployment services
- Be responsible for recruiting, mentoring and managing our in-house infrastructure team
- Design and implement AWS infrastructure that is secure, scalable, and highly available.
- Work closely with the engineering team to define infrastructure and deployment requirements for new features.
- Support teams in designing, building, testing, and deploying software to the cloud.
- Set up, maintain, and teach the team about new or existing development tools and infrastructure.
- Identify manual processes that can be automated. Provision, configure and maintain AWS infrastructure as code (CDK).
- Administer/troubleshoot both internal and production configurations, performance bottlenecks, and outages.
- Build and maintain tools/dashboards for deployment, monitoring, and analysis of AWS infrastructure and systems.
- Perform AWS infrastructure cost analysis and optimization.
- Several years of experience building, scaling, and maintaining AWS infrastructures for large, public-facing web or mobile apps.
- Desire to recruit and train a world-class engineering organization
- Experience hiring, directing, and mentoring DevOps and cloud infrastructure engineers working in an Agile model
- Deep understanding of AWS technologies such as VPC, EC2, Security Groups, IAM, ECR, ECS, CodeDeploy, CloudFront, and S3.
- Strong understanding of how to secure AWS environments. Understanding compliance requirements is a plus.
- Knowledge of microservices, serverless technologies and other architectures is a huge plus.
- Experience with Docker, Git, GitHub, ELK stack, and deploying applications on AWS.
- Solid foundation of networking and Linux administration.
- Experience with building CI/CD pipelines is a big plus.
- Ability to learn and teach a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Demonstrated capability to work both independently and collaboratively in fast-paced environments.
- 100% remote if you reside in one of the following states: AL, CT, DE, GA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, KY, ME, MD, MA, MI, MS, MO, MT, NE, NH, NJ, NY (outside of NYC), NC, OH, OK, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VT, & VA.
- 100% employer-paid premiums for your (and your family's) Health, Dental, Vision, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D insurance
- Health Savings Account with contributions from connectRN of up to $2,000 annually
- Flexible time off policy
- 401k with match
Please note that we are only able to hire permanent residents (green card
holders) or U.S. citizens at this time. As a healthtech company, connectRN is
committed to the health of its employees and will only hire those who are
vaccinated against COVID-19 or if unvaccinated exclusively due to medical or
connectRN is an equal opportunity employer. As Connectors, we embrace humans
of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin,
gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, and disability status. _ If this role would make you excited to come
to work every day, please apply! _We look forward to connecting.