Location: Remote (within United States)
Employment Type: Full Time Employee - Exempt
Join us on the tech team of an extremely fast-growing, technology-driven
startup that's making effective skincare accessible to everyone.
Curology is a technology company building the future of skincare through
personalized prescription treatment. We believe that dermatology should be
accessible to everyone—great skin shouldn't be a luxury, but a fact of life.
To make this possible, we're building tech to power an entire in-house medical
ecosystem, covering everything from medical care to provider licensing and
pharmacy fulfillment operations.
As a Data Analyst, you will leverage analytical expertise and problem
structuring skills to translate data into business information. You will have
the opportunity make an impact on the broader organization through partnering
cross-functionally and working directly with the finance, operations, medical,
marketing, and product teams to improve operational excellence, develop
insights that influence strategy, and make recommendations that help move our
bottom line. As a data analyst, you will be instrumental in influencing
business decision-making and strategy through the use of Design of Experiments
(DOE), reporting, and data visualization tools and techniques.
What you'll do:
- Work with technology partners and business end-users to deeply understand data, document data assumptions and definitions, as well as help define KPIs for business units and determine analytics needs and requirements.
- Own the end-to-end development of dashboard and visualizations from requirements gathering, to iterative development with stakeholders, to final launch and communication of insights. This includes financial and business modeling experience.
- Create and maintains data marts and/or sources and visualizations for ongoing and ad hoc review and analysis of data.
- Drive continuous learning by proactively identifying opportunity areas, translating them into structured analysis, generating actionable insights, and advocating for proposed next steps to key stakeholders.
- Partner with development and data management roles to identify and capture data required from internal and external sources.
- Find the root causes behind variances of key parameters and resolve issues for data systems by performing deep-dives using various analytical techniques.
- Monitor initiatives while effectively communicating business value through the creation of reporting, data sources, data visualizations, and ad-hoc analysis.
What you'll need:
- A passion for data including problem-solving, critical thinking, and diving into data in order to understand specific areas of the business better than anyone else and become an expert in their domain and sought out by business partners for that expertise.
- Sharp business judgement and the ability to see past the noise and are able to work independently in an unstructured environment
- A strong communicator, attentive listener and compelling explainer with the ability to focus on a problem, ask insightful questions, and gain expertise quickly
- Understand the importance of story-telling with data and how building data visualizations with both function and flow influences business/product decisions.
- You have 3+ years of experience in analytics, operations, or strategy as it relates to understanding and influencing retention of users.
- You are an expert in SQL and data visualization
- An ability to anticipate new data problems and proactively craft solutions to fix problems systematically and efficiently such as identifying redundancies, data discrepancies, and optimizing pipelines.
- Produces accurate and quality work in a fast-paced environment while exemplifying an attention to detail and ability to move swiftly.
- Familiarity with key retention metrics like RPU, LTV, AOV etc at consumer technology and subscription-based companies.
What you'll love about working at Curology:
- Amazing team culture and environment
- Awarded Great Place To Work & Inc.’s Best Workplace
- Competitive salary and equity options
- Unlimited, flexible PTO for exempt employees
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental and vision insurance are covered 90%+ for employees; flexible spending account; 401k
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- Free subscription to Curology!
- Company-sponsored happy hours and outings
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions,
national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender
expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities.
[Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.](https://curology.com/ccpa-employee-