Location: Remote or San Francisco, California
Join us on the tech team of an extremely fast-growing, technology-driven startup that's making effective skincare accessible to everyone.
Curology is a technology company building the future of skincare through personalized prescription treatment. We believe that dermatology should be accessible to everyone—great skin shouldn't be a luxury, but a fact of life. To make this possible, we're building tech to power an entire in-house medical ecosystem, covering everything from medical care to provider licensing and pharmacy fulfillment operations.
The Data Science team’s mission is to continuously unlock the algorithmic and predictive potential in Curology's data by leveraging best-in-class data science solutions. We do this by proactively digging into our first and third party data, partnering with stakeholders to uncover new opportunities or advance the status quo, and staying up to date with state of the art algorithms and methodologies.
In this specific role, you will partner with the Subscriber Growth Product Group. The main objective for this product group is to grow the Curology and Agency subscriber base by implementing product enhancements that enable more customers to realize value from our products.
** In this role, you will :**
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to identify how data can be used to shape product strategies, reduce uncertainty and risk, uncover new opportunities and advance the status quo across the organization.
- Perform data exploration and feature engineering using appropriate tools and software including but not limited to SQL, NoSQL, and Python.
- Differentiate among machine learning models and explain the role and importance of model validation and accuracy metrics as they relate to the business opportunity.
- Build, deploy and monitor sophisticated and state of the art machine learning algorithms at a production level scale
- Embody personal accountability and a strong sense of ownership for your work
_ You will be successful if you have :_
Data Literacy: Ability to leverage data as a resource and its potential applications to drive and build impactful solutions
Statistical and Machine Learning Foundations: Comfort applying quantitative techniques to design and deploy models for prediction and analysis
Intellectual Curiosity : Eagerness to work and seek out new challenges
Organizational Awareness: Exemplify Curology's core values through interpersonal and self-management styles
Curology encourages applications from people of all races, religions, national origins, genders, sexual orientations, gender identities, gender expressions and ages, as well as veterans and individuals with disabilities. [Notice to Applicants under the CCPA.](https://curology.com/ccpa-employee- notice/)