Location: Canada - Toronto
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Delivery Services
The Consulting Manager will be responsible for managing a team of Guidewire
consultants who lead and execute the completion of software product
implementation projects in the professional services arena, ensuring customer
In this critical role, you will be responsible for the onboarding and ongoing
performance and development of a staff of consultants to ensure their success
and continued development within Guidewire, and supporting resource/capacity
planning of projects.
You will also be responsible for leading initiatives such as the hiring
process, building of documentation relating to best practices, training &
Other responsibilities include:
- Responsible for line management of a group of functional and technical consultants based in our office in Mississauga, Canada
- Onboard new consultants, conduct quarterly (performance) check-ins, request/deliver feedback, and create/track individual development plans
- Provide necessary coaching and ensure staff is receiving project mentoring
- Engage in capacity/resource planning in coordination with staffing resource manager
- Lead organisational efforts such as workforce planning, knowledge management, and succession planning
- Lead organisation wide initiatives such as organising training programs, technical workshops.
- Lead initiatives to improve current processes such as hiring, on boarding, career development as well as new processes to improve the organisation.
- Participate in candidate interviews and hiring decisions, help train others in the hiring process
- Manage performance issues and any arising internal conflict to resolution and make recommendations for promotions and/or salary actions by gathering necessary feedback for informed decision-making
- Ensure available training and collateral (e.g. new product roll-out or skills development) is communicated to staff
- Monitor usage of paid time off and study leave to ensure compliance and ensure work/life balance
- Coordinate and project manage completion of internal initiatives as assigned
- Provide necessary mentoring and support to consultant as needed
- Serves as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing solutions to clients
- Demonstrated success in a people manager role with the ability to hire, mentor, coach, and develop Consulting staff
- Experience as a people manager in a services or consulting organization within a software product company.
- You may have come from a project management or technical background, having moved into a people management capacity.
- Previous consulting background and experience in a technology environment preferred
- Demonstrated success with aligning teams to meet company and functional objectives
- Demonstrated success as a manager with the ability to hire, mentor, coach, and develop Consulting staff
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced and passionate environment
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills
- Bachelor's or higher degree
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our
platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and
most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success.
We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+
successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem
in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate
integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any
type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a
criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges
of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.