Location: Japan - Tokyo
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Global SI Alliances
*This position requires J/E bilingual skills and a valid Japan work visa
Guidewire is growing our Alliances team to meet the demand for our new
products and partnerships globally. We need a gifted, Regional Alliance
Manager to partner closely with our external partners as well as our Products,
Sales, Services, and Solution Consulting teams internally to support our go-
to-market strategy and meet our global sales demand.
As a Regional Alliance Manager, you will develop and manage partnerships with
both technology partners and consulting partners/SI’s within the region. This
will involve collaborating with our Product Development Organization on
aligning local technology partners to Guidewire’s roadmap. You will also work
with our consulting partners and SI’s on partner enablement strategies,
fostering account-level relationships with Guidewire Sales and Delivery teams,
and discovering new opportunities for Guidewire market expansion. You should
develop and drive the alliance partner to generate incremental revenue for
What sets Guidewire's team apart?
We prize clear, rational, and collaborative communications plainly based on
logic, total commitment to quality, and to make decisions based on factual
evidence. Since a substantial portion of our team is dispersed throughout the
world, your ability to communicate by written, oral, and collaborative
communications is required. We especially value teamwork in Alliances. We
architected the team to work as a unit and not only as individual
contributors. Your ability to get along and synthesize with your teammates is
paramount to your success here.
Who is Guidewire Software?
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon
to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every
customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and a
partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies
software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business.
InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their
customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate
quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32
countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that
combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital
engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers
Some of the experience we seek:
- A strong foundation in partner relationship development and management.
- Demonstrated track record working in Global Alliance and Regional Alliance Manager models
- A proven track record of working with Systems Integrators and/or SaaS technology providers
- Alliance experience at a major software product or services company that has sold globally to established and emerging markets is preferred
- English and Japanese language skills are required
- Financial Industry expertise is preferred
- Demonstrate both business acumen and technical aptitude to listen and speak at all levels internally and externally in sales and execution functions.
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work across multiple stakeholders/functions.
- Strong execution skills to keep relationships and opportunities moving forward
What will I be doing?
- This role is highly visible within the geography and requires the demonstration of leadership beyond the immediate span of control. You will collaborate with our Vice Presidents for Solutions and Consulting Alliances as well as our Managing Director for APAC and Country Manager for Japan, Japan Sales, Delivery Service, and Customers Success teams on account management planning and strategies.
- Become the go-to person for all partner-related matters by mastering the complexity of the partner organizations and penetrating their leadership network.
- Work in tandem with Guidewire sales and delivery teams to formulate and execute a strategy to establish a win-win partnership between Guidewire and the partner
- Analyze and determine how best to ensure the partner is well-versed and knowledgeable about Guidewire's value propositions and messages.
- Identify and develop relationships with local technology companies and work with Guidewire’s Product Organization to build out of joint solutions and integrations relevant for Japan.
- During sales pursuits, you will shepherd the respective partner constituents through Guidewire's software sales cycles ensuring value-add to Guidewire's sales process.
- Learn the partner and influence their services team to build a Guidewire practice to support Guidewire business and implementations at high-quality standards.
- Provide insight into their dedicated team resources and work with the partner and Guidewire's services team to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and project success including aligning to Training, and Governance program requirements.
- Maintain close monitoring on all agreements with partners and negotiate agreements related to NDAs, Teaming, Reseller, Referral, Joint Development, Integration, etc.) between the two companies.
- Within Guidewire, you will work with Guidewire Marketing to leverage partners' vast marketing resources.
- Increase revenue from the alliance. This may include enabling partners to originate new business and encouraging them to be more business development ready and resourceful. * Work with Guidewire services teams to monitor partner involved implementations and execute corrective plan (if necessary).
Our hiring is as methodical, rational and stringent as our development
standards so here are a few of our favorite things.
- Deep experience in the enterprise software business.
- Demonstrated track record of career progression preferably at a high-growth software development company in a global capacity.
- Demonstrated success working in a hybrid distribution sales model (direct sales, channel sales, alliance management and marketing)
- Solid expertise in mastering a complex technical sales and services' product offering.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and strong global network.
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Responsive, self-motivated, professional, enthusiastic, team-oriented, and ethical character traits.
What about Personal Attributes?
- We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We value integrity in everything that we do-- truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other.
- We are dedicated to rationality-- communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully based on factual evidence.
- We prize collegiality-- working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our
platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and
most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success.
We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+
successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem
in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate
integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any
type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a
criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges
of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.