Location: France - Paris
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Go To Market
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon
to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every
customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and
partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow
We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three
elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to
enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
We are seeking a Sales Operations Analyst to join our Sales Operations team.
You will be required to support the EMEA Sales teams.
- Partnering with Sales, Professional Services, Legal, Finance, and various other Operations Teams, the primary responsibility of the Sales Operations Analyst is to take ownership of the day-to-day Sales Operations processes in EMEA as well as provide support to the Sales Team on emerging or inflight deals. More specific responsibilities are outlined, but not limited to, the below tasks:
- Act as the main point of interface for Sales on all opportunities, serving as a trusted advisor to the Sales Team on pricing, product set configuration, and product terms and conditions to support the sales effort.
- Project manage the delivery of all formal commercial communications to customers including but not limited to Prequalification or Security Questionnaires and RFI/RFP. This includes ensuring all packaging of responses is consistently professional, assigning action items to internal stakeholders, and meeting delivery deadlines.
- Assist the Sales Team in generating Customer Proposals and ensuring that all approvals are captured prior to sending to the customer.
- Assist in the coordination of Account Planning/Review sessions as well as any specific Opportunity deal-strategy sessions.
- Act as main support for internal Sales meetings ensuring all opportunities and action items are recorded, assigned and followed up.
- Opportunity management in Salesforce ensures that all Opportunities and Quotes are accurately reflected and have the required approvals.
- Prepare the initial draft and manage the completion of all commercial documents such as Software License Agreements, Subscription agreements, Consulting Services Agreements, Sales Orders, and Contract amendments from approved templates.
- Manage the post-sale Master Contract ensuring that incremental revenue is billed per the terms of the agreement.
- Maintain knowledge of Guidewire’s product offerings and understand all new business initiatives.
- Assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, and balance customer demands versus technical constraints related to any one deal.
What you need to be successful:
- 3+ years professional experience with at least 2 years in a contracts analyst/ sales operation’s role.
- Outstanding analytical skills, including the ability to deliver reporting that informs strategic decisions.
- Outstanding writing, editing, and project management skills.
- Proven ability to successfully manage projects from start to finish, including marketing events.
- Ability to multitask and manage changing priorities.
- Excellent cross-organizational skills, including the ability to influence without authority and communication with senior executives.
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Ability to adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Advanced Salesforce.com skills.
- Advanced MS Office software skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook).
- Collegial, proactive attitude, ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Discretion and high-level confidentiality are required in this role.
- Ability to grasp the functional and technical overview of the Guidewire product suite.
- An additional European Language is nice to have
Other types of things that we like to cultivate:
- Curiosity and an interest in our clients’ business issues.
- Accountability based on an earnest desire to do what is expected without prompting.
- Kindness and respect for your fellow teammates. We truly do want to build teams that like to work together so we do hire team players who are motivated to be courteous and productive
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our
platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and
most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success.
We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+
successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem
in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate
integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any
type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a
criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges
of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your
Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data
outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly
consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your
Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described
above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and
Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24