Location: India - Bangalore
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Business Technology
As a Senior DevOps Engineer for Guidewire’s DevSecOps team, you will build and
maintain DevOps Tooling Infrastructure of our DevSecOps team to enable our
internal teams to scale the Guidewire Cloud offering.
You will help to define the best practices and methodologies for
infrastructure setup, upgrade, automation and maintenance, while collaborating
closely with peers.
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to enforce to these principles in everything that you do.
- An understanding of the sense of urgency involved in a production system setting and the implications of any changes made to such.
- Understand all aspects of the Guidewire Cloud operating model and work directly with our internal operational teams to identify key challenges and opportunities for improvement through tooling and automation.
- Ensure that we meet our milestones and maintain strict client SLAs and their defined KPIs.
- Build, automate and maintain our tooling infrastructure in AWS/On-Perm, focusing on Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD practices
- Ability to architect a reliable high availability cluster solution for development tools implementation
- Exert technical influence to improve the reliability of our products and systems
- Work in an agile team, handle on-call, and support deliverables in production
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics and learn requirements to build solutions and tools to constantly improve availability, performance, up-time and response times of the platform
- Operate development and high-available production environments in AWS
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Coach and mentor other engineers technically.
- Ability to lead the team for results.
- Willing to be flexible and be part be part of on-call rotation.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- 5+ years of work experience in a SaaS production environment for large-scale enterprise
- Experienced in building infrastructure software using Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud native technologies
- Strong Amazon Web Services (AWS) networking knowledge
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
- Comfort with Linux system administration, with the ability to program/script using Go, Python, Java or equivalent
- Experience with AWS services such as ec2, route53, s3, load balancers etc.
- Experience administering applications like Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.
- Experience with open source monitoring tools like Prometheus/Grafana
- Experience with configuration management (preferably Ansible)
- Experience working analyzing logs and debugging.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about quality, mentoring junior candidates and in general a great team player
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from higher education
· High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently while
interacting with peers and engineers who often excel at these capabilities as
· Experience working in an environment where cloud or off-premise enterprise
applications have been utilized
· Passion for automation over repetitive manual work
· Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our
platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and
most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success.
We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+
successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem
in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate
integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any
type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a
criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges
of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.