Location: United States - Remote
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Business Technology
As a Senior DevOps Engineer for Guidewire’s DevSecOps team, you will build and
maintain DevOps Tooling Infrastructure of our DevSecOps team to enable our
internal teams to scale the Guidewire Cloud offering.
You will help to define the best practices and methodologies for
infrastructure setup, upgrade, automation and maintenance, while collaborating
closely with peers.
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to enforce to these principles in everything that you do.
- An understanding of the sense of urgency involved in a production system setting and the implications of any changes made to such.
- Understand all aspects of the Guidewire Cloud operating model and work directly with our internal operational teams to identify key challenges and opportunities for improvement through tooling and automation.
- Ensure that we meet our milestones and maintain strict client SLAs and their defined KPIs.
- Build, automate and maintain our tooling infrastructure in AWS/On-Perm, focusing on Infrastructure as Code and CI/CD practices
- Ability to architect a reliable high availability cluster solution for development tools implementation
- Work in an agile team, handle on-call, and support deliverables in production
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics and learn requirements to build solutions and tools to constantly improve availability, performance, up-time and response times of the platform
- Operate development and high-available production environments in AWS
- Ability to rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Coach and mentor other engineers technically.
- Willing to be flexible and be part be part of on-call rotation.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- 4+ years of work experience in a SaaS production environment for large-scale enterprise
- Experienced in building infrastructure software using Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, Cloud native technologies
- Strong Amazon Web Services (AWS) networking knowledge
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
- Comfort with Linux system administration, with the ability to program/script using Go, Python, Java or equivalent
- Experience with AWS services such as ec2, route53, s3, load balancers etc.
- Experience administering applications like Bitbucket, Artifactory etc.
- Experience with open source monitoring tools like Prometheus/Grafana
- Experience with configuration management (preferably Ansible)
- Experience working analyzing logs and debugging.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in designing, analyzing and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent from higher education institution.
- High degree of self-motivation and ability to work independently while interacting with peers and engineers who often excel at these capabilities as well
- Experience working in an environment where cloud or off-premise enterprise applications have been utilized
- Passion for automation over repetitive manual work
- Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our
platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and
most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success.
We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+
successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem
in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate
integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity and affirmative
action employer. We are committed to an inclusive workplace, and believe that
a diversity of perspectives, abilities, and cultures is a key to our success.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color,
ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, marital status, age,
sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or
disability. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and
other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
Disability Accommodations and Guidewire’s Appeals Process. Guidewire provides
accommodations to the hiring process to create a fair opportunity for
candidates with disabilities to contend for open positions. Accommodation
requests should be directed to (650) 356-4940 or
Accommodations@guidewire.com. If things
do not go as hoped, we invite you to use our appeals process. Guidewire
promises to independently review any denied accommodation and any decision not
to offer you the position. The appeals process is the same in either case.
Within five business days of receiving a notice of denial of an accommodation,
or receiving a notice of your non-selection for a vacancy, call (650) 356-4940
or e-mail Accommodations@guidewire.com
to make an appeal. Guidewire will assign a new decision-maker to review the
request and/or hiring decision, who will then notify you in writing of a
decision within 10 business days.