Location: India - Bangalore
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Business Technology
As part of our Global Helpdesk team this position will function as first point
of contact providing day-to-day comprehensive technical support to end-users
in the areas of hardware, software applications, mobile devices, and network
connectivity. The successful candidate will assume full ownership of request
and incident resolution, status and tracking of individually assigned tickets,
as well as complete Helpdesk tasks including initial ticket triage,
prioritization and escalations.
This role will also require occasional support in both APAC and EMEA time
zones, so work may be scheduled into shifts beyond regular business hours to
provide such multi-region support.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of hardware and software problems for end-users, and recommend and implement corrective solutions, including off-site repair for remote users as needed
- Prioritize, schedule and update incidents and requests, as well as escalate incidents outside the HelpDesk to the appropriate IT teams when required
- Provide direct support for Windows and Mac OS X endpoints, ensuring endpoints are up-to date and compliant with IT standard configurations and procedures
- Provide meeting support with Audio Visual, Audio, and Video Conferencing equipment and services
- Initiate improvements to raise the quality and efficiency of service to end users expanding knowledge base documentation and self-service opportunities
- Provide end user training on various services and systems
- Participate in weekly operational meetings
- Participate in assigned IT Projects
Skills & Experience
- 7+ years in Desktop Support with solid hands on experience with a variety of operating systems, primarily Microsoft Windows 10 & 11 and Apple OS X
- Hands-On experience on Active Directory, Active Sync, Exchange, Apple support.
- Understanding of network protocols and exposure to VPN and Network Access Control troubleshooting
- Experience supporting applications such as: MS O365 Suite, Zscaler, Zoom, Slack, Okta, ServiceNow
- VIP/Executive Management support experience required
- Experience in creating easy to use end user and technical support documentation in MS Office, SharePoint, and Confluence
- Knowledge of remote deployment tools such as: SCCM, JAMF, Autopilot and Intune
- A fundamental understanding of virtual environments, utilizing such tools as VMWare & AWS Workspace
- Aptitude for understanding and troubleshooting hardware and software problems and ability to determine user needs
- Knowledge and experience with remote troubleshooting; able to troubleshoot without seeing the system
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including customer facing soft skills, demonstrating personal and business maturity
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize effectively, must be able to perform a variety of tasks and assignments without sacrificing quality of work
- Willingness and ability to work flexible hours, and on-call rotation is required
- Be a team player. Ability and desire to share knowledge with members of the team
- Physical ability to lift and install equipment (computers and peripherals) in and around desks and small places.
- Bachelor’s Degree in IT or Business Management preferred.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our
platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and
most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success.
We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+
successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem
in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate
integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any
type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin,
disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by
federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a
criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable
accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to
perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges
of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.