Location: Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Delivery Services
Guidewire's Delivery Services is looking for a smart, proactive, and results- oriented experienced Software Consultant (Java Developer) to join the Guidewire Services Center (GSC) team in in Kuala Lumpur.
What We Do?
GSC was established to help meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire’s products, currently being used by customers who are household names globally in the property and casualty (P&C) insurance industry. We are looking for enthusiastic developers who are passionate about building high quality software, and working with great people to improving our customers experience for millions of users worldwide.
As a Software Consultant (Java Developer), you will be delivering application configuration, cloud upgrades and integration programs, following Guidewire best practices in integrating our products with external applications to support our customers globally. You will have direct contact with customers dedicated to projects where you flex full development lifecycle skills.
· To become certified by spending your first two months in training to become a domain expert.
· Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants, cloud transition engineers, and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements.
· Configure and/or upgrade Guidewire applications and develop Guidewire business rules using Guidewire Studio.
· Develop and/or migrate custom integration programs to connect Guidewire applications with other internal and external systems using JAVA and XML.
· Execute configuration / integration tests including monitoring software incidents and communicating software issues to Guidewire development.
· The position requires a unique blend of technical aptitude, business savvy, and interpersonal skills.
· BSc in Computer Science or equivalent from third-level or higher education institution.
· Advanced, hands on exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (preferably JAVA), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture.
· Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred.
· Ability to work independently and within a team.
· Interest and willingness to explore a consulting career.
Eligible to work in Malaysia and able to travel occasionally to US, Europe or within APAC
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.