Location: Poland - Krakow
Employment Type: Full-time
Team: Product Development Operations
_Are you passionate about making users successful? Do you enjoy making complex information easy to understand? Do you thrive in a dynamic fast- changing environment? If yes, then you might be the person we are looking for. _
We are looking for a manager to lead our growing team of technical writers in Krakow. The team creates and publishes content for our industry-leading cloud applications and infrastructure.
As a manager on the Information Experience (IX) team, you will work with various cross-functional teams to develop a keen understanding of our technologies and audiences. Using your passion for customer success, you will make sure our business and technical users get the right information, when and where they need it. You will drive and participate in initiatives to improve the content experience for our users. You will manage multiple projects and ensure that we deliver impactful content on time and at high quality. As part of managing your team, you will mentor and grow team members, and help them prioritize effectively.
To succeed in this role, you must have excellent communication skills, strong technical and project management skills, a hands-on approach, and a self- motivated attitude. Expect to work in a diverse management team that collaborates to develop our talent and seeks to continuously improve how we work and to move our trade to the next level.
About the team:
We create and publish content that helps our users successfully deploy, customize, and use our applications. Our audience includes business analysts, technical consultants, and programmers. We are passionate about customer success. We strive to create a great information experience for our users by providing them the right information when and where they need it .
What we offer you:
- An open, collaborative, and supportive work environment
- Peers who are dedicated to creating high-quality, user-centered content
- Opportunities to drive and to participate in initiatives to improve the information experience for our users
- Freedom to experiment, innovate, and to learn new technologies
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
CONSENT and ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
By clicking the submitting your application on the following page:
1. You consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and using your Personal Data as outlined above, and to its transfer of your Personal Data outside the country where you live or work, and/or to third parties for the above purposes.
2. In the event that you submit any Sensitive Personal Data, you explicitly consent to Guidewire collecting, retaining, disclosing and transferring your Sensitive Personal Data on the terms and for the same purposes as described above in relation to Personal Data.
3. You acknowledge that you have the right to access your Personal Data and Sensitive Personal Data at any time and have the right to correct any errors.
4. You acknowledge that your Personal Data will be retained for up to 24 months.