Location: United States
Employment Type: Full Time Exempt
Dave is a banking app on a mission to build products that level the financial
playing field. To date, we've helped more than 11 million customers bank,
budget, avoid overdraft fees, find work, and build credit—and we're just
getting started. We believe in a world where everyone has access to financial
opportunity and the ability to reach their personal financial goals. With a
growing suite of tools and services, we provide a superior banking experience
for anyone living paycheck to paycheck.
As a virtual-first company, there is no preference on where we get our work
done. You are able to live anywhere in the United States, with the exception
Design is a business differentiator at Dave. It is our job to deeply
understand our members’ needs and experience so that we can deliver unique,
approachable and meaningful solutions to their already stressful lives.
Our team values shipping early and often while also holding a high bar for
shipping great products by pushing our engineering and product counterparts to
perfect the product experience. We do this through the practice of UX design,
the development of design systems and tooling, product writing, and design
research. We go to extraordinary lengths to produce world-class work, and you
will get to both deploy your hard-earned experience and build your skills in
an organization where your area of work is highly valued.
Who You Are
- You can empathize with people whose experience, daily life, and needs may be very different than your own. You thrive in an environment with short feedback loops.
- You are a systems thinker. Even though you may work on a specific feature set or within a squad’s focus, you seek to understand the entire customer journey.
- You take a comprehensive approach to product design and customer empathy, you think in terms of design systems and not individual screens or components.
- You are inquisitive by nature. Your first instinct is to ask questions instead of rushing to an answer. You aim to minimize ambiguity by identifying constraints and crystalizing the problem you are trying to solve. With this, you distill complicated problems into simple and approachable solutions.
- You give and receive feedback well, like collaborating with others early and often, and want to push both yourself and the design team to new heights.
- You have a user and data-focused design mentality. You are constantly looking to hone your team’s instincts through user feedback and data insight.
- You understand the role and importance of qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
- You obsess over details and work collaboratively with your engineering counterparts to ensure that the deliverables in our users hands are exactly what you’d expect.
What You'll Do
- Partner with cross functional teams and drive the design processes of new features and iterations of a product that is used by millions of people.
- Conduct research to identify and solve user, product, and business problems.
- Deliver high-quality, polished, delightful, and easy to use designs.
- Design and prototype multiple ideas and iterations quickly, and connect regularly with customers to validate product directions.
- Participate in twice-a-week design collaboration sessions to help your team to think more critically, strategically, and make constant improvements to the design system.
- Articulate, negotiate, and refine design requirements in collaboration with product managers and engineers to arrive at the best design solutions.
What You'll Need
- 4+ years relevant product design experience in a product or design-focused tech company.
- Practical experience shipping real products that solve real problems for real people.
- Experience performing all functions of the product design lifecycle, including research (sometimes with the UX research team), defining product strategy, wireframes, prototypes, pixel-perfect UI, documentation, and user testing.
- Deep practical knowledge of design tools like Figma.
- Experience building/maintaining a scalable design system in Figma or equivalent.
- Strong communication skills with cross-departmental teammates such as engineering and data analysis.
Benefits & Perks
• Premium Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance plans
• Insurance premiums 100% covered for you and 80% for your dependents
• Company provided Basic Life and Short-Term and Long-Term Disability plans
• Generous paid parental and caregiver leave
• Voluntary Life Insurance
• 401(k) savings plan with matching contributions
• Unlimited PTO and generous company holidays
• Company laptop and home office stipend
• Personal financial advisor
Dave Inc is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not
discriminate based upon race, ethnicity, religious creed, color, national
origin, ancestry, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical
conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a
disability, medical condition, or any other category protected by applicable
federal and state law, including the City of Los Angeles’ Fair Chance
Initiative for Hiring Ordinance relating to an applicant's criminal history.