Location: Bangalore, India
Employment Type: Full Time
Team: Quality Assurance
At Deem, we create powerful, intuitive solutions for booking and managing corporate travel. Deem puts the traveler at the center of everything we do. Travelers can manage their corporate travel needs with ease and on the fly, while companies can apply policy and control costs.
Deem's mission is to transform travel while expanding our footprint in the marketplace. There is enormous opportunity to impact the company and innovate travel, while working with a team that has a shared passion of taking the company to the next level. The company is headquartered in San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is a wholly owned and independently run subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings, Inc., the world’s largest mobility provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Deem has the benefit of being a subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings, Inc. while having a start-up feel and an agile approach.
· Design and Develop Automation scripts for all aspects of a product: Frontend, Backend, End to End and Regression.
· Expertise in at least one programming language like Java (preferably)/Node JS/Python
· Plan, Execute, Analyze failures and Report automated tests across multiple QA environments and during different phases of testing (feature, integration and regression)
· Collaborate with cross-functional teams: Product Management, Project Management, Engineering, QA, and DevOps, both onsite and remote to deliver scalable solution
· Perform automated tests against APIs, Web Services using internal and external tools, Web portals and reports
· Tasks include evaluating daily test suites results, maintaining/updating automation tests, and improving regression tests/framework
· Execute and Coordinate manual and automated testing as well as perform exploratory testing across the applications in the ecosystem
· Own the regression testing process and work with key testing partners to ensure a high degree of confidence prior to each release
· Contribute to go/no-go release decisions and be actively involved in the release process
· Review logs (via SPLUNK) and data analytics for the application
· Track defects and help their resolution through active participation in defect triaging
· Keep up to date on the newest technological innovations and work on continuously applying those to existing and new software solutions
· Ability to perform root cause analysis (RCA) across SDLC phases – Application layer, Database layer, Web Services, UI (Front End), and wherever applicable
· 6-8 years of strong experience as a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
· Background in Travel with understanding of booking tools & processes highly desirable
· Hands-on automation framework development experience
· Experience in scripting/programming languages like Java (preferably)/Node JS/Python
· Highly motivated towards breaking software and then helping to rebuild it
· Understanding of microservices design patterns and service-oriented- architecture
· Exceptional manual and automated testing skills
· Experience in testing enterprise level web applications, web services, databases.
· Strong analytical skills to differentiate issue whether it’s FrontEnd or BackEnd issue
· Strong experience in testing API calls from FrontEnd
· Experience working with automation testing frameworks (Selenium) and developing testing scripts
· Experience testing across multiple platforms (mobile, web, backend applications, etc.)
· Experience using tools (but not limited to) GitLab, GitLabCI, Jenkins, RestAssured, etc
· Deep understanding of QA best practices throughout the software development lifecycle
· Knowledge of the DevOps philosophy and working with continuous integration services & techniques
· Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills
· Excellent communication and documentation skills
· Experience in developing test plans, test cases and performing testing, including regression testing
· Familiarity with technologies like RESTful APIs, SQL, Databases, Web Services, Selenium, Appium, Git (or equivalent)
· Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or related experience
Deem team members come from a variety of backgrounds and we are committed to creating a sense of inclusion and belonging for everyone. One of the ways we achieve this is by ensuring we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.