Location: Oakland, CA
Employment Type: Full Time
At Deem, we create powerful, intuitive solutions for booking and managing
corporate travel. Deem puts the traveler at the center of everything we do.
Travelers can manage their corporate travel needs with ease and on the fly,
while companies can apply policy and control costs.
Deem's mission is to transform travel while expanding our footprint in the
marketplace. There is enormous opportunity to impact the company and innovate
travel, while working with a team that has a shared passion of taking the
company to the next level. The company is headquartered in San Francisco Bay
Area with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is a wholly owned and independently run subsidiary of Enterprise
Holdings, Inc., the world’s largest mobility provider, and an industry leader
in mobility and technology. Deem has the benefit of being a subsidiary of
Enterprise Holdings, Inc. while having a start-up feel and an agile approach.
Role and responsibility
- Work in a microservice-based development environment with a small agile team.
- Must be proficient in developing, and maintaining middle-ware and backend services, and applications.
- Must be proficient and comfortable at problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Possess the ability to be a self-driven quick learner with attention to details and quality.
- Develop new features, enhance existing features and optimize existing functionalities, from conception and design through testing and deployment.
- Take ownership of the architecture, development, deployment, and operations of the applications / microservices that you create.
- Capable of debugging complex issues that might span across multiple applications or interfaces.
- Assist in review of design and code developed by others, with an eye for maintainability, security, and effectiveness.
- Assist in preparing the estimates for software development work.
- Advise on emerging technology shifts and best practices.
- Work closely with other developers and QA to deliver high quality releases on time.
- Provide assistance to team members, capable of mentorship.
- Support the customer services team, addressing escalated issues in a variety of areas.
- B.S. in Computer Science, or equivalent in technical discipline.
- More than 6 years of experience in hands-on software development, including but not limited to multi-tier distributed applications, microservices, J2EE frameworks, etc.
- Good hands-on experience using Java, Spring, Spring Boot.
- Good hands-on experience with API development, testing, etc. for services, and applications that use gRPC (preferred), REST, and / or SOAP.
- Good understanding and knowledge of database concepts, SQL, DBMS, etc.
- Good hands-on experience in product development lifecycle, agile, and scrum practices.
- Knowledge, and experience on CI-CD pipelines, like GitLab, Jenkins, GitHub.
- Knowledge of application packaging tools like Maven, Docker, and containerization concepts and products, like Kubernetes, Docker Swarm.
- Experience in working with Apache Tomcat, Weblogic, and related application and web servers.
- Knowledge of log analysis tools like Splunk or Kibana.
- Working knowledge of Linux, Ubuntu, etc.
- Knowledge of Go / Golang, JSP, Servlets, XML would be an added plus.
- Experience with front-end technologies would be an added advantage.
Deem team members come from a variety of backgrounds and we are committed to
creating a sense of inclusion and belonging for everyone. One of the ways we
achieve this is by ensuring we never discriminate on the basis of race,
religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation,
age, marital, veteran, or disability status.