Location: Bangalore, India
Employment Type: Full Time
At Deem, we create powerful, intuitive solutions for booking and managing corporate travel. Deem puts the traveler at the center of everything we do. Travelers can manage their corporate travel needs with ease and on the fly, while companies can apply policy and control costs.
Deem's mission is to transform travel while expanding our footprint in the marketplace. There is enormous opportunity to impact the company and innovate travel, while working with a team that has a shared passion of taking the company to the next level. The company is headquartered in San Francisco Bay Area with offices in Bangalore, India and Dublin, Ireland.
Deem is a wholly owned and independently run subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings, Inc., the world’s largest mobility provider, and an industry leader in mobility and technology. Deem has the benefit of being a subsidiary of Enterprise Holdings, Inc. while having a start-up feel and an agile approach.
· The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the specification, design and creation of new software products and the maintenance and enhancement of our existing product line
· Participate in activities related to the design, implementation, and delivery of Business Solutions. Assist in preparing accurate estimates for software development work.
· Work closely with other developers and QA to deliver high quality releases on time.
· Product development experience.
· Must be able to independently design, code and test, as well as work jointly with other team members to deliver features.
· Responsible for maintaining the vision of the software product to ensure design decisions factor into the long-term goals for the product while balancing the concerns for time to market, product quality, and end customer satisfaction
· Must be proficient and comfortable at problem diagnosis, troubleshooting and problem solving
· Possess the ability to be a self-driven quick learner with attention to details and quality
· Capable of debugging complex issues that might span across multiple applications or interfaces
· B.E. / B. Tech / MCA or equivalent qualification in technical discipline
· 5+ years of multi-tier distributed software application development.
· Must possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Have strong problem analysis / resolution skills
· Product development and lifecyle experience desirable
· Must have a good grasp of Java, Spring, Hibernate, XML, JDBC, JMS, JSP and Servlets
· Good knowledge of SQL and Oracle RDBMS
· Experience in working with weblogic, Tomcat and webservers like Apache and iplanet
· Experience with using Linux, Solaris and Windows 2000.
Deem team members come from a variety of backgrounds and we are committed to creating a sense of inclusion and belonging for everyone. One of the ways we achieve this is by ensuring we never discriminate on the basis of race, religion, national origin, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital, veteran, or disability status.